Rear Hitch for Big Country

jguay64

On my 2017 Big Country I'm looking for a receiver hitch for the rear of my 5th wheel. On the frame is brackets on both sides to accommodate bolting a hitch on. I can't find a hitch with the proper mounting plates. See picture with the factory mounted brackets.
IMG_3805.jpg

'Lil Guy'

I'm sure someone will post a pic of the proper way to add the hitch. Those brackets are worthless and very flexible. They make a hitch that is adjustable to be welded to your rigid frame if desired. I put scissor jacks on those mounts and they bent when the jacks hit the ground. Again, I wouldn't trust them to hold bicycles.

Gaffer

Around $100 in parts. Had a friend weld it up. Bolts to the factory brackets. Note... measure carefully. One of my brackets was not quire parallel with the frame. That side was adjusted accordingly be fore welding.

Attachments

• hitch.jpg
    hitch.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 54
B

Boatman

I welded this hitch using the factory brackets. I did re-weld them to the frame. Attached to frame and brackets using grade 8 bolts. Using the double receivers, we have carried our bikes all over with no problems. Alignment and measurements are critical. Good luck on whatever you do.

BH Hitch.jpg

carl.swoyer

On my 2017 Big Country I'm looking for a receiver hitch for the rear of my 5th wheel. On the frame is brackets on both sides to accommodate bolting a hitch on. I can't find a hitch with the proper mounting plates. See picture with the factory mounted brackets.
View attachment 57119
My 2012 Landmark came with a factory hitch. Used the same brackets shown in the picture. Call heartland Parts with the last six of you vin. It's a light hitch. handling two bikes, no problems.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

sengli

That factory bolt on 1.25" hitch is made by LCI, and it flexes like crazy. By the time you add a bike rack, ours flexed from the bouncing so badly it failed. Re-enforced it with more steel and welding and it still was too bouncy to not loose our bikes 2X more times.