ATF: Big Country - TV Ports on 2017 BC 3950FB

Terrip72

I am needing to get to the ports on the rear of the television. Does the TV fold out? If so, how? I can't see anything behind it and going by feel isn't working.

Thanks!

jimtoo

HI Terrip72,

Welcome to the posting side of the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sure some of our members will jump in soon with some info for you..

Jim M

NYSUPstater

If I recall correctly, on our 3560, we removed the tv from the wall as we had to gain access behind it for the radio cuz we needed to change something. I want to say tho that we re-attached all the cables/cords while the tv was off the wall. Basically, I held onto the tv while Jr re-connected things, then we just pushed excess back into hole behind tv then reattached it to the wall. So unless you have real skinny hands, don't think you can get to ports on tv.......assuming you are talking about the LR tv..

Terrip72

Well that's quite inconvenient! Thank you
NYSUPstater
for the reply! Any suggestions on how to get it off the wall. It is in the LR, above the fireplace, with the sound bar below.

danemayer

Mounting schemes vary, but often the TV is hanging on 2 horizontal brackets mounted to the wall. With this arrangement, you usually have to take out 3 screws holding wood trip along the top of the TV. Then find a screw behind the TV near the bottom and turn it out a few turns. That will allow you to pull the bottom of the TV toward you and lift up to disengage from the top bracket.

Having one person handle the TV while another person deals with the wires will work better than trying it alone.

I've attached a drawing showing the side view.

You may need a mirror to locate the setscrew - or maybe the camera on your phone, set to selfie mode.

Attachments

• TV Mount Crimson_F46_TV_Mounting screw.jpg
    TV Mount Crimson_F46_TV_Mounting screw.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 22