Morryde Steps

orion7144

When we purchased our Traveler part of the agreement was to add the 4 step Morryde. At delivery they said they could not do it do to the location of the steps (I am getting 4 6V battery's installed instead). I need a solution that is more stable than the stock due to having to carry our disabled daughter in and out. I seem to recall pictures of a DIY someone did but am not sure where I saw it. Or if anyone has a solution to make the current steps more stable. Morryde also has a step system that disconnects but it requires there to be no threshold and on ours there is one.

Thanks

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I second Dan's recommendation. We've had our Glowstep Revolution steps for two years, and I've never had any issues with slipping or falling, like I had with standard rv steps. They "scissor" to fold into the same spot as the standard steps and are fairly easy to self-install. The steps are aircraft aluminum so no rust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

When we purchased our Traveler part of the agreement was to add the 4 step Morryde. At delivery they said they could not do it do to the location of the steps (I am getting 4 6V battery's installed instead). I need a solution that is more stable than the stock due to having to carry our disabled daughter in and out. I seem to recall pictures of a DIY someone did but am not sure where I saw it. Or if anyone has a solution to make the current steps more stable. Morryde also has a step system that disconnects but it requires there to be no threshold and on ours there is one.

Thanks
I took the sisor jack that is used between the tires and attached one side to a board. I sit it under the steps ( bottom) and adjust until it just touches the step. If and movement I re adjust. This makes my factory steps solid. See the attached picture

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
4d1baed182f0b26cbbbb2e47862f5e2c.jpg

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I second Dan's recommendation. We've had our Glowstep Revolution steps for two years, and I've never had any issues with slipping or falling, like I had with standard rv steps. They "scissor" to fold into the same spot as the standard steps and are fairly easy to self-install. The steps are aircraft aluminum so no rust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I third it! We love our Forklift Glowstep Revolution steps! They are in our opinion, hands down the best steps in the RV Industry. They stow out of the way and are able to be deployed in tight spaces and are extremely sturdy and stable.

Rod

carl.swoyer

Thanks
Only a suggestion, instead of the 6 volt batteries I would look at the group 31 AGM batteries. They are maintenance free, can be run down further and they changed extremely fast.
I've been using the deka group 31 AGM batteries for ten years. No more forgetting to top of the wet cell batteries. No worries of batteries acid.
Lastly they outperform the six volts.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I agree about the Glowsteps. I've had them on two different Landmarks.

pegmikef

Thanks

I have the Moryde step above steps on my Oshkosh and love them. I was skeptical at first, but after using them for a month in Mission and comparing them to other systems on the market, I find them just as, if not more, stable than the others. Much easier to stow (can be lifted with one or two fingers, because of two lift assist shocks). Nothing to fold or unfold, just lift them straight up into the open doorway. The door holds them in place when it closes I have read all the cons about them and kind of consider them nonsense (I don't want them to get my couch dirty or they stick out too far) etc. And I just noticed Camping world has them on sale for less that $300.