Big Horn 3760 EL think about it

wehavefun

Our BC has pretty much same bathroom plan and I like your idea, but wires on outside wall and hitting a stud are of a concern and likewise the wall behind toilet as to what holds screws in w/o pulling out?
Not much wiring in outside walls, all wiring is from inside out. The walls are built off unit then assembled. A few wires get punched thru from inside for your lights or speakers, but no wires that I am aware run thru walls.
I just screwed my mounts to the inside wall, yes it is thin but no issues. I figured if they pull out I will fix it somehow and make something work. However I have pulled this 5th to California twice and several trips other places, about 40,000 towed miles so far. Had towels hanging on those hooks while moving and they are as tight as the day I installed them.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Chainsaw

Saskatchewan Chapter Leader
Chainsaw,

I assume the cutoff is in the front compartment. Are you saying that the front compartment won't open because there's not enough clearance to get past the tailgate of the truck when hitched?

yes, the front compartment will not open when hooked up. Hits the tail gate

- - - Updated - - -

Good idea. Or, relocate it to the main pass-through storage bay on the frontmost (gen) wall.

That is my idea as well to relocate to the pass through, it will be an easier fix as there is not much wiring to work with, I feel I can do that without adding more wire.

jbeletti

yes, the front compartment will not open when hooked up. Hits the tail gate

- - - Updated - - -

That is my idea as well to relocate to the pass through, it will be an easier fix as there is not much wiring to work with, I feel I can do that without adding more wire.

Don - most auto parts stores carry battery cables of various lengths that are terminated with large lugs. Drill a 1" hole above or below where you want to mount the switch, then pull a string, rope or whatever from the new switch location to inside the bay where it needs to connect. Mark it and measure for length. Then go shopping. Or order via Amazon - link to one seller.

esscobra

most all race cars have a remote battery cut off- there are many kits with all needed items- check jegs or summit -would be easy to use one that would have the handle easily reachable in propane bay that you would push or pull to cut power - or there are kits that use heavy relay that you could operate from switch in trailer or even with remote