Lady Bird Johnson RV Park - Fredericksburg Texas Easter 2018

We had a very first outing with our RV and chose somewhere fairly close to home. We stayed Friday and Saturday evening, and all day Sunday at the Lady Bird Johnson RV Park. We could watch little airplanes fly in and out of Fredericksburg because the park is very close to the airport. We went to the river and did some fishing which is also within walking distance. Bathrooms were clean and close, and the trailer was amazing. We will invest in a better mattress for our Heartland North Trail 26LRSS (Caliber), but will probably hold off another couple of weekends to see if we adjust.

Our only hiccups: The trailer seems to have a little more "bounce" in it than we would like when being towed. And when we made it home and attempted to park our RV in storage, the power tongue jack would not work. My husband figured out that a fuse had blown, so stole another 40 amp fuse from the fuse box until we were unhitched and leveled out.

My main regret: Why have we waited SO long! :)

Lori and Darren
TexasRookies2018
Heartland North Trail 26LRSS (Caliber)

danemayer

Hi TexasRookies2018,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Also, check out the Owners Club. It's free to join and you can join in the fun at local chapter rallies. Texas has 3 active chapters. You can check out upcoming rallies by clicking on the EVENTS tab at top of page.

mlpeloquin

Mattress replacement is common no matter what trailer you purchase. Ya think they would allow you to opt out for no mattress since they do not put one in that is worth anything.

'Lil Guy'

Congrats on your NT and welcome to the forum. Our 3rd rig with a bad mattress. Just another way to cut corners. We've tried the toppers and it helped some. Enjoy your new rig and hope to meet you down the road.

hboy1

That power tongue jack fuse can blow pretty quick if it is retracted too tar or extended too far.

Have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk