washer hookup

Most of the time when we are using our unit we are running off the water tank. The system works much better when all the air is purged from the system. The washer water lines are difficult to purge the air out of as they are not hooked up to anything. I am thinking about making a little hose that goes into a cap at the drain tube for the washer to make purging these line easier. Is there anything that can be done to make something standard ?

LBR

Our CY washer/dryer hookups are in the garage and since we don't use a W/D, I purposely leave air in both lines to act as mini-accumulators for the water system.

How often do you need to purge the lines?

You could drag a garden hose female end thru a door/window, hookup, and purge...job should take 10 minutes from start to finish.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you don't have a washer then it might be to your advantage to find in the basement where those lines are T'd in to the system and cap them off there.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

I'd think a 2' piece of garden hose could be screwed onto each faucet, with the cut end placed in the washer drainpipe, and you could purge air in a few seconds. Then move the hose to the other faucet.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You can buy a cheap set of washer hookup hoses at Walmart and hook them to the faucets. Run into a 5 gallon bucket. Or even buy just one somewhere, run one faucet at a time.

We did this with our Elkridge for 5 seasons to winterize and dewinterize with rv antifreeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk