Yeti Package

KansasBob

I just took ownership of a 2016 Elkridge E26 5th wheel. In the switching compartment is a 120 volt switch with a red pilot light in the switch. I called the factory, and the best I could get is "I think it's for the Yeti Package" but no real info on what exactly that is. Probably tank heaters, but I don't know which tanks or anything else that might be heated.
Can someone enlighten me please.
Thanks, KBob

Last edited:

david-steph2018

I just took ownership of a 2016 Elkridge E26 5th wheel. In the switching compartment is a 120 volt switch with a red pilot light in the switch. I called the factory, and the best I could get is "I think it's for the Yeti Package" but no real info on what exactly that it. Probably tank heaters, but I don't know which tanks or anything else that might be heated.
Can someone please enlighten me please.
Thanks, KBob
Can you do a picture of it?

KansasBob

Thanks for the replies. I'm just now getting used to the format on this page, and was able do find an older post that answered my question.
The switch turns on "tank heaters" for the fresh, gray, and black tank. It is a part of the Yeti option which includes a strip heater on the water line going from the tank to the pump, and some better insulation in the front and rear of the coach.

'Lil Guy'

Make sure all tanks have liquid in them. If you run the tank heater pads, you might burn a hole in a tank that is dry.

KansasBob

Make sure all tanks have liquid in them. If you run the tank heater pads, you might burn a hole in a tank that is dry.
Yes, Thanks............. I probably won't sleep until I "disable" the system, but have not turned it on for more than a few seconds since picking the coach up. I'm an electrician, so I will have total command of all the heaters by end of business tomorrow. :cool:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You should have 2 options for the water heater (12 Volt) switch "GAS" and/or (120 Volt) switch "Electric". You can use either one or use both for a faster recovery. I don't believe the Eldridge would have the YETI package but I really don't know.

KansasBob

You should have 2 options for the water heater (12 Volt) switch "GAS" and/or (120 Volt) switch "Electric". You can use either one or use both for a faster recovery. I don't believe the Eldridge would have the YETI package but I really don't know.

I understand what you are saying, the Elkridge Xtreme Light is as stripped down as it gets, but the 12V switch is on the tank level control panel, and the line voltage switch is on the heater itself. I suppose the factory could have installed a switch leg to the switch in question? I'll have my amp probe out today, and the question will be answered. ;)

danemayer

I understand what you are saying, the Elkridge Xtreme Light is as stripped down as it gets, but the 12V switch is on the tank level control panel, and the line voltage switch is on the heater itself. I suppose the factory could have installed a switch leg to the switch in question? I'll have my amp probe out today, and the question will be answered. ;)
Suburban water heaters have a switch on the water heater, under the exterior cover, but that's a secondary switch intended to protect the electric heating element from people who might flip interior switches while the trailer is on the dealer lot. There should be a switch somewhere inside the trailer. Atwood water heaters don't have that secondary switch.

Attachments

• secondary 110V switch.jpg
    secondary 110V switch.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 30

KansasBob

Thanks to all for their input. As mentioned a couple of times, my red switch is a switch leg back to the water heater.
My last TT had the same water heater, but no remote switch, just the one on the heater itself. My E26 has "both".

Of course the electrical panel was labeled completely wrong, and the hole for the red switch looked like it had been cut out with a chain saw. A piece of wood grain "tape" covered up the gap in the poorly cut hole. I have found this to be the rule for every RV I've owned from any manufacturer. All of the problems were exactly what I expected. I would have only been "surprised" if everything was as it should be.

I also noticed that every outlet in the RV is labeled as "GFCI" protected. There are two circuits, and only one circuit actually Has a GFCI outlet as the first outlet in the chain.