Porch light for the 25LRSS

Santanilson

Illinois Chapter Leaders-Retired
A simple porch lite would have been a very nice addition. Also, although we are in the computer age, paper documentation would have been better than a thumb drive. I must be getting OLD!

Michael Nilson

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have LED lights under the awning? That could be the replacement for a simple porch light.

Peace
Dave

Santanilson

Thanks Dave for the thought and yes I do have LED lights in the awning where it rolls up. And I might add that they are great when the awning is out but the confidence level of leaving it out when gone is not there yet. Just the other day, I helped a fellow camper peal his awning off his roof after a small gust of wind blew it up and over, tore it up. I’m not ready to face that situation just yet but again, thanks.

Michael

Do you have LED lights under the awning? That could be the replacement for a simple porch light.

Peace
Dave

F_Goose

Eliminating the porch light is quite strange as the led lights on the awning do get rolled with the awning. Don't accidently leave the led lights on when you roll up as we possibly burnt half our string of lights doing that. Hopefully Heartland has upgraded these lights, because they are not easy or cheap to replace them.

Ricktara

I just picked up my new 25lrss and although there is not a porch light on the side of the trailer there is a second switch next to the awning light switch which does light an LED lamp under the main stairs. I don't know if this was added after original post's trailer was built as mine is a 2019.

jerryjay11

Our Pioneer awning has lights, but when rolled up they do not come on. My Honey made several suggestions :p to install a porch light so I ended up in purchasing a solar powered LED porch light that is presently mounted via stick on velcro. She's happy now.

Note: The porch light can also be attached with screws, but I am leary to do so until I see this light's performance overtime. Also since it is presently velcro attached I need to remove it for traveling and that's okay because if it works out satisfactory I will purchase a second for the front then permanently mount both.

Santanilson

I just picked up my new 25lrss and although there is not a porch light on the side of the trailer there is a second switch next to the awning light switch which does light an LED lamp under the main stairs. I don't know if this was added after original post's trailer was built as mine is a 2019.

Ricktara;
first off, congratulations on your new Heartland and yes, I too found the under the stairs led light switch. We have a 2018 model and are currently living in it full time and have been on our adventure since the middle of February. Also, one other thing, Welcome to the Heartland Owners Club!

Ricktara

I just retired and we downsized homes and bought this trailer to travel a bit. Loving it so far
.thanks for warm welcome