Baby Proofing lower bunk

bmflyfish

Not sure what category my question would apply. Please feel free to move to the correct section. I have a one year old who will not sleep in a pack n play. She will sleep fine in the bottom bunk of my North Trail 28DBSS,but she can easily crawl out. I have some ideas on how to baby proof the bottom bunk. Has anyone turned a bottom bunk into a make shift crib?

h2oskierc

I know this thread is quite old, but wondering if you came up with a solution and what that solution is/was now that your child is older. Our four year old daughter would like to sleep in one of the bunkhouse bunks on our 33 BUDS, but I’m not comfortable without a rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pedirob

Following because I want to know too. I have 2 boys who would LOVE to sleep in the upper bunk of my 24bhs, but I'm terrified they will fall out. I'm thinking some kind of netting, like a grid made of nylon straps, across the opening would work well. There are sturdy studs to adhere it to. I just can't figure out how to make the net.

h2oskierc

Pedirob

I just stumbled across this on Amazon. Probably won’t match my woodwork well, but, I don’t think I trust any of the under mattress ones. I just need to see if it fits the bunk. Will lose the ability to tilt the bunk up though. Wonder if it could be hinged...

Wooden Safety Bed Side Guard Rail for Toddler, Kids and Children’s Beds (Ash Grey) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0888RG668/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_GkjWEbNQFPQA7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gus5783

Following because I want to know too. I have 2 boys who would LOVE to sleep in the upper bunk of my 24bhs, but I'm terrified they will fall out. I'm thinking some kind of netting, like a grid made of nylon straps, across the opening would work well. There are sturdy studs to adhere it to. I just can't figure out how to make the net.
Hello, your question was from a few years ago but I’m hoping you figured something out. We also have a 24bhs and are trying to figure out sleeping arrangements for 5 people ( my wife and I plus 3 boys 5,4 and 18 mos). We are wanting to put the baby on the bottom bunk but can’t figure out how to keep him in there. Did you ever figure anything out?