ATF: Road Warrior - newest RW design

szewczyk_john

While looking at the Heartland website at floor plans I saw the new RW 387 floor plan. As an owner of a 2011 RW 305, I am always looking at new floor plans for possible upgrade. I am especially interested in a dual axel toy hauler with the smaller garages with only 2 slides( both of which should be on the non-door side) and a single bathroom. Every single one designed now makes it impossible to access major areas of the unit unless the slide outs are extended. With the 305 the entire unit is accessible with the slides not extended(our slides cover 1/2 of the entertainment wall and lock full access to the bedroom dresser with slides in). This subject has been brought up many times during national rallies but it seems that no one is listening. This prevents the unit from being used many times while in transit to your destination and also makes it extremely difficult to access these areas of the camper while it is in storage. It looks from the floor plan that the slides would block all access to the fridge, if not he entire kitchen area and also prevent access to the steps preventing entry to he bedroom and bathroom area.
If the 387 provided entry to these areas, then I would consider it for a purchase and just remodel the second bath into a walk in storage/pantry area.

Leaving the steps on the door side located next to the bathroom seems to be the only way to make this access work while slides are stowed. Are they any plans to make a new model like this?

PondSkum

I've noticed the same thing on lots of Toy haulers, not only the RW. Where I park my trailer at my house, I cannot slide out my slides, because I'm parked about 10" away from the side of my garage. But my RW348 has a pass through bathroom, so I can access bathroom and bedroom with slides in. I've been looking for a different model RV that has a slide or 2 in the living area, but almost every one I've seen, the slides block access to the bathroom and bedroom. Also, the models with the 1/2 bath in the garage, usually end up blocking that bathroom with whatever toy you are hauling in the back. In my case, a Polaris Ranger.

avvidclif

Access is one of the reasons I'm hanging onto the one I have. With the slides in I can access everything except the stove and microwave. Move the slide 6" and I can use the microwave. Like others I keep looking for a better mousetrap.