Dave Smith Motors

Gaffer

Anyone out there purchase from Dave Smith in Idaho? I would really like to know about your experience. Especially if you registered your new truck in Oregon.
Please post up or PM me.
Thanks

Oregon_Camper

Buddy of mine just bought from Dave Smith a few weeks ago. He lives in Washington, but said it was a great experience.

Now..I flew to Texas to buy our current F-350....getting registered in Oregon was NO problem. Dealer did everything.

I also just flew to New Mexico with a buddy about 1.5 months ago...he bought his Chevy 3500 there and we drove it back to Portland. Again...no issues with getting it licensed/registered in Oregon.

SNOKING

Dave Smith sold the dealerships a couple years ago. Many feel the Dennis Dillon in Boise is a better place to deal with. I got turned off in several contacts with Dave Smith over the last 8 years or so.

We ended up on buying our 2015 from John Elway in Greeley, Co because we did not have time to order a new truck after selling the boat and leaving for Arizona. Elway had a truck in stock that matched our needs quite well. It was a fun adventure flying to Colorado and driving the truck back 1350 miles to NW Washington in 48 hours with two motel receipts. 25 minutes after noon on a Monday to 25 minutes after noon on Wednesday.

We had enough airline points for a first class flight to Denver, stayed in a Motel at the airport Sunday night, internet sale gal picked us up Monday morning and drove us the hour North. We finished the paper work for the already paid for truck, bought an extended warranty(first ever on a vehicle) and 5th wheel pucks and wiring harness, which I installed myself later(these were the only wanted items not on the truck).

80 MPH across Wyoming and Eastern Utah on I-80 at 1750 RPM for hours at a time, with co-pilot reading the manual about this and that was fun. We high five'd each other about every 20 miles.

We love the truck and DEF is a non issue.

Oldelevatorman

Anyone out there purchase from Dave Smith in Idaho? I would really like to know about your experience. Especially if you registered your new truck in Oregon.
Please post up or PM me.
Thanks

A buddy did several months back. Flew to Spokane, they picked him up at the airport, drove him to Ketchum, ID. Said it was thousands less than anywhere in CA! Bought a 3500 LB SRW, very happy with them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
PJ, I have only heard good things about Dave Smith over many years from various people. Trace

( okay I just noticed your original post is over 3 months old so this may not even be pertinent any more)

Gaffer

Called Dave Smith and did the back and forth with them for awhile. They wouldn't compete with better prices advertised at two dealers here in Oregon all with my required options and color. I ended up buying in the Portland area for 11k under MSRP for the last loaded Ram 3500 in Delmonico red with an 8' box west of the Rockies.

Attachments

• 2018 Ram Window Sticker.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 23