USB stick with Heartland RVs manuals

orion7144

I received a USB stick that said user manuals on it with my keys. Is there supposed to be the manuals on it? The one I got is blank and I only have a couple of manuals in the blue pouch.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Re: USB stick

Call your dealer and ask them what they did with the real one. Then call Heartland with your VIN and tell them you got short changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

On the flash drive I got with the documentation I found the generic Heartland manual that used to come with every rig. I have paper manuals for all the functional equipment and appliances and a Lippert manual that covers the slides, hydraulics, level up (and all the other options we don't have like the RV wifi option).. There is some good information in it like the pig tail pinout, but I prefer the tools tab on the forum because it is usually more current and informative that to Dan and his cohorts who have contributed to it.

jbeletti

I have yet to see one of these USB stick but I'm wondering if they're writable. If they are, an owner could download all relevant manuals on HOM/HUG and drag them over to the USB stick.

In this manner, they'd have the ability to refer to relevant manuals and guides when they don't have Internet access. Plus all the space savings of a huge volume of printed material.

pegmikef

I have yet to see one of these USB stick but I'm wondering if they're writable. If they are, an owner could download all relevant manuals on HOM/HUG and drag them over to the USB stick.

In this manner, they'd have the ability to refer to relevant manuals and guides when they don't have Internet access. Plus all the space savings of a huge volume of printed material.

Hey Jim, you should be proud of me as I was able to easily find that USB drive after I read your post What a great idea, and as you will see some of the stuff on the drive is a little dated. Sounds like a good project for dead time on the road this spring and summer. It is a 2 GB drive and with documentation that should be enough for most of the documentation that would be appropriate to a particular rig. FYI, I made a screen shot of the drive contents and created a folder so I know it is R/W.

Attachments

• HeartlandUSBDrive.jpg
    HeartlandUSBDrive.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 64

jbeletti

Hey Jim, you should be proud of me as I was able to easily find that USB drive after I read your post What a great idea, and as you will see some of the stuff on the drive is a little dated. Sounds like a good project for dead time on the road this spring and summer. It is a 2 GB drive and with documentation that should be enough for most of the documentation that would be appropriate to a particular rig. FYI, I made a screen shot of the drive contents and created a folder so I know it is R/W.

Great Mike!

Hey, can you do me a favor, please email in 2 batches, all of the files that are on the USB stick. I want to find out who at Heartland and work with them to get the most recent club/forum docs in there (if they're outdated) and of course, the latest product guides.

Thanks!

wdk450

Great Mike!

Hey, can you do me a favor, please email in 2 batches, all of the files that are on the USB stick. I want to find out who at Heartland and work with them to get the most recent club/forum docs in there (if they're outdated) and of course, the latest product guides.

Thanks!

JIM, YOU ARE SUCH A GIVER, AND A BLESSING TO BE AN ADVOCATE FOR ALL US OTHER HEARTLAND OWNERS. Thanks so much for everything that you do!!!

orion7144

I called yesterday and they said sure they could send me a new one but that I should look on the Heartland site and use them. None of the links in the "Owners Manual" work on the online version.

pegmikef

Great Mike!

Thanks!

Sure, I'll just send you two emails each with one batch.

The one I received with my 2019 Big Horn was for a Landmark.
We do have a lot better and more accurate information on this forum, than from the factory.
This forum has been a great resource for all Heartland owners, keep up the great work of of keeping everyone informed on problems, and even more important, the steps you have taken to correct those problems, that is the beauty of this forum, everyone working together to solve a problem.
We as a group, are a tremendous owners resource.

Hockster

jimtoo

Anything me know where I can get a owners manual for a 05 landmark grand canyon?

At the top of the page click on "Tools" and you will find all kinds of owner manuals and repair guides for all the appliances and things. The "owners manual" that came with the early units was pretty much a generic manual for all the units.

Try this link.

Jim M