General Discussion Thread for RV Water Filter Store

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I suggest a 2 canister over the camco inline. there is really no restriction with the 2 canister as there is with the camco inline. the 2 canister will last longer and is cheaper when cartridge needs replaced 4-5 dollars compared to 10 dollars and last twice as long also helps keep water system clean

There are restrictions in water flow with the dual canister system. It is designed to flow with 60 psi. Anything less and the flow is restricted. I have been talking to them about a solution as well as offering a hose that goes from the threaded connectors on the dual filter canisters, directly to the connections on the Anderson valve.

Ask-Dave

There are restrictions in water flow with the dual canister system. It is designed to flow with 60 psi. Anything less and the flow is restricted. I have been talking to them about a solution as well as offering a hose that goes from the threaded connectors on the dual filter canisters, directly to the connections on the Anderson valve.

That is absolutely true. Balancing good flow with good filtration is the goal for all of us. What I do to mitigate low pressure coming from the spigot is to fill my fresh water tank with filtered water so that, if I have poor flow, I can still get a good shower by turning on the RV pump. If low pressure becomes a constant irritant, you can choose to filter less sediment and let the cysts (giardia and cryptosporidium) through, which is not a problem if you know these pathogens aren't in the water.

Kathi-27

I should have said a lot less restriction. sorry. you are right there is some restriction more when press is low. but know where near what the camco inline has.

Fox

"I have been talking to them about a solution as well as offering a hose that goes from the threaded connectors on the dual filter canisters, directly to the connections on the Anderson valve."

I spent some time (last evening) browsing that site and the above ID'd problem is exactly what I was thinking about. Lots of twists and turns in that confined area can't be good for water flow.

cjb2283

Just bought and received 2 quarts of Purogene. Discount, order, and delivery was easy and on time. Package arrived very well packed. I also got some citric acid for an initial 'shock'. Not only do I have my TT but my family uses reusable 5 gallon jugs of water in the house. Both of my jugs show signs of 'the green stuff' on the inside. I am going to treat each and do a before and after photo once one of the bottles empty. Can't wait to see the results.

'Lil Guy'

Just received my 16K water softener and man, it's bigger than expected. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Just looks huge sitting on the porch.lol Should last awhile on a single charge.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Just received my 16K water softener and man, it's bigger than expected. I'm sure I'll get used to it. Just looks huge sitting on the porch.lol Should last awhile on a single charge.

I bought the 8K for its smaller size. But that Texas water y’all have down there is HARD!
Do a regen about every 3 weeks while we’re Winter Texans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjb2283

Well, as promised, shocked/sanitized my in home water dispenser. First two pics are gross...this is the point where you feel embarrassed to take them into the store to refill them. The next two pics are after treatment with purogene and citric acid. Worked as advertised! All the ‘green’ is gone and even smells clean. I can only assume the inside of my water dispenser looked the same before but now is squeaky clean. Time will tell if the continual purogene only treatments will keep it nice and fresh. I’m sure it will. Now to do the trailer...

2ed4e3df7512b21dc4ced974d65aaecb.jpg

e45471ada737539a32bc4c97d67d87b6.jpg

865aadf40521c7044938aa3876b96472.jpg
ca20b9824cb95cd1530f999af49e1c0c.jpg

'Lil Guy'

I bought the 8K for its smaller size. But that Texas water y’all have down there is HARD!
Do a regen about every 3 weeks while we’re Winter Texans

I returned the 16K unit for the 8K due to size and weight. I think it'll do just fine.