ATF: Bighorn - 2017 3575 slide out water leak!

tallen126

I am the original owner of a 2017 3575 and after having it for 2 years it has been on a few trips but never in rain. I am now into my first week of full timing and I came home in a rainstorm to find my front room slide(passenger side) leaking a fairly heavy amount of water into the coach. I had to have this slide adjusted after the first trip 2 years ago in June. Now I find this? I am amazed at all the issues I am finding after being in the coach for a week steady. Any ideas?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear about the leak.
Can you localize where the water is coming from? Is the water near a window?
If the slide seals were leaking the water would be on the main floor, not in the slide.
Have you checked the top of the slide to see if there are any tears on the slide roof membrane?

Peace
Dave

CDN

B and B
Hello,

Same trailer. I don't have a leak but a Goshen neighbour had one. There was brief period where the main gasket was changed and the newer version had issues. They replace the seal with the older style and it stopped leaking.
I would also check the sealing tape at the edge or the slide, this cover the screw heads and allows the seal to slide over the heads. I have a small piece that lifted I need to get fixed properly.

Gary521

Check the top wiper seal on the slide. Perhaps something has gotten under the seal ( like a branch ) and caused a channel for water to get thru. This happened to me. Maybe the seal is not even making contact with the roof. The roof membrane is not sealed where it makes contact with the inner top decorative fascia. This is a source for intrusion if water gets under the top seal.