Looking at Pioneer 5th Wheel

Hello all. First post here. I'm looking to upgrade my current Jayco 5th wheeel for something newer and smaller. Found the Pioneer 276 on camping worlds web site and it looks like a nice camper. It's a few feet longer than I'd like but I like that it has the rear bunks and still has the bathroom up front so you still have storage under the 5th wheel. From videos and pictures there's isn't a whole lot I don't like about it besides the length. I wanted to stay under 30. But I can deal with an extra 2'. My current trailer is 37'. I will go look at one this weekend hopefully but are these trailers built half way decent? I want something that's going to last me. I know I'm looking at the budget trailers but almost 30k should get you something pretty nice in my mind. The other trailer I'm really looking at is a crossroads volante 270bh. Pretty similar to the pioneer. Also considering a Starcraft autumn ridge 265bhs. It's a few thousand less but has no storage, tin sided, no frills trailer. Does anyone have any opinions or experience with the pioneer 5ers? Thanks, Kyle.

danemayer

Hi Katkinson1112,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. There's a great bunch of friendly and helpful people here, so I expect you'll hear from some of them shortly.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Pioneer is an exclusive brand built by Heartland for Camping World, so they are trying to hit a specific price point dictated by Camping World.

Camping Worlds usually do not have a good reputation regarding service. You might also look at Prowler, NorthTrail, Sundance or Elkridge lines by Heartland, to see if they have a similar floorplan. This might open up your shopping to other dealers, so you can compare.

Our opinion is that Heartland build is comparable to others, but they tend to look better (more comfort, upgrades and features) than many other brands. The factory has always been fairly easy for us to work with to get parts and/or authorization for service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I think there is a prowler that has the same floor plan and they are similar in price. I got to reading that's it's a camping world specific trailer. Camping world around here has a pretty poor reputation. There is one a few hours away that has decent reviews but I'd rather stay away from them. I'm trying to stay under the 30k mark. The elkridge light trailers are still quite a bit more than 30k aren't they? I'll have to do some more research on heartland. The company seems to have a better reputation than these others I'm looking at. Puma is another Brand that has some budget 5ers that don't have terrible reviews. Thanks for the replays.

I might have to give camping world a shot though because I really like that pioneer. For the money it looks like quite a nice trailer.

Last edited by a moderator: