Grey water dump valve replacement 3010 Cyclone 2012 model

Well I have had issues with the front grey tank valve stuck open. So I removed the underbelly cover to inspect and evaluate the problem. What I found out is that the cable is ok and the valve is ok. So the problem discovered is that the clamp on the valve that holds the cable in place was not tight...easy fix right....wrong. The valve installer installed the valve with the screws facing the frame. So the only way to fix it would be to take the valve out flip it over put the cable housing into the clamp and tighten it up.
Well the valve is glued to the tank outlet instead of having a flange for easy service. So the valve would have to be sawed out from both sides then replumbed. Buy a new valve and reinstall new plumbing to make up for what was cut out.
Great Job Heartland.....if this gets posted it would be a miracle.

Just another *** by an untrained installer...that’s going to cost me a lot of money and time to make right.
or maybe someone else has figured out an easier way to fix.it right.

I was able to rig it with some zip ties to work but don’t like patching things up.

Keith & Pam’s FUKAWi Adventures on f/b
Full time since 11/16 and loving it.

2003 F250 6.0 2wd
Auto Meter Gages:pyro, trans temp, turbo boost
Blue Spring Kit and other engine. Upgrades to pull
Cyclone 3010HD with some toys in the back

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi one_eye_doc,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Maybe another set of eyes on the problem would be helpful.

Thanks Danemayer, but I have it working. It was a pain because I had to drop the auxiliary gas line, the exhaust pipe from the generator, just to get a look. I then took my cell phone and a flashlight and shot a video of the valve. A co-camper came over and worked the valve so I could diagnose the problem. I could open and close the valve with two fingers easily and the cable moved freely as well. Once I determined that was all good I came up with a plan.
How to hold the cable housing into the valve clamp so it wouldn’t move when I pus and pull the valve handle.
so here’s what worked
Taking a zip tie and going through the opening where the actuator shaft is in the valve I just made a big loop just enough to start locking it.
Next making sure the valve was closed, and the cable housing was all the way in the valve cable locking clamp I put a zip tie on the housing about an inch from the clamp and tightened it as tight as possible so it wouldn’t slip on the cable housing .
Next I put another zip tie through the looped zip tie (I had put on first) and then it went around the cable housing and tightened it as tight as possible. Last step was taking the loop zip tie and tightened it so it wouldn’t allow the cable housing to move.
trieg the valve multiple times an yes....it held and now I can open and close my valve just like before.

Hope this helps someone out.
Most of all I hope that Heartland teaches the installers to put the valve on so an owner could just tighten the clamp screws on the cable and be done.

rhodies1

Thanks Danemayer, but I have it working. It was a pain because I had to drop the auxiliary gas line, the exhaust pipe from the generator, just to get a look. I then took my cell phone and a flashlight and shot a video of the valve. A co-camper came over and worked the valve so I could diagnose the problem. I could open and close the valve with two fingers easily and the cable moved freely as well. Once I determined that was all good I came up with a plan.
How to hold the cable housing into the valve clamp so it wouldn’t move when I pus and pull the valve handle.
so here’s what worked
Taking a zip tie and going through the opening where the actuator shaft is in the valve I just made a big loop just enough to start locking it.
Next making sure the valve was closed, and the cable housing was all the way in the valve cable locking clamp I put a zip tie on the housing about an inch from the clamp and tightened it as tight as possible so it wouldn’t slip on the cable housing .
Next I put another zip tie through the looped zip tie (I had put on first) and then it went around the cable housing and tightened it as tight as possible. Last step was taking the loop zip tie and tightened it so it wouldn’t allow the cable housing to move.
trieg the valve multiple times an yes....it held and now I can open and close my valve just like before.

Hope this helps someone out.
Most of all I hope that Heartland teaches the installers to put the valve on so an owner could just tighten the clamp screws on the cable and be done.

That wont happen,they are so busy blowing them out the door,you should be dam lucky that there is even a valve installed.With the boom in the RV industry,quality control no longer exists,it wasn’t great in the past but far less now"........