San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge

jimtoo

HI JackandJill,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I have been there, but it's been a long time back, so I'm sure some of our other members will jump in with some info.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

Eric1234

Good evening

I am not sure what route you are going to take through San Francisco. But I will would give a couple words of advice:

1. Google events in San Francisco: see if any events are going on such as Bay 2 breakers or something else along your planned route in the city

2. I would do it early in the morning say around 5 or 6 am with less traffic

3. Stay in the far right hand lane of the Golden Gate Bridge. It is the widest and the lanes on the bridge are pretty narrow.

Have a good night

Eric

SNOKING

Don't bother to stop at the San Francisco KOA in Petaluma! Stay off Lombard Street between Hyde and Leavenworth streets. No tolls northbound.

Good evening

I am not sure what route you are going to take through San Francisco. But I will would give a couple words of advice:

1. Google events in San Francisco: see if any events are going on such as Bay 2 breakers or something else along your planned route in the city

2. I would do it early in the morning say around 5 or 6 am with less traffic

3. Stay in the far right hand lane of the Golden Gate Bridge. It is the widest and the lanes on the bridge are pretty narrow.

Have a good night

Eric

Thanks Eric sure appreciate the advice.

Kelly

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We will be crossing the Golden Gate Bridge tomorrow going north pulling a 40 ft Bighorn. Advice is greatly welcomed?

All good advice.
What is your route ?
I was there a few weeks ago. There is a lot of Construction on Van Ness Ave and the lanes are narrow. What is your reason for going that way ?

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are currently at the Petaluma KOA. It's a bit pricey but great pool and close to our grandkids.

We have taken 280 up the peninsula and then 19th Ave onto the bridge. Just be careful and watch for the crazies.

olcoon

We are currently at the Petaluma KOA. It's a bit pricey but great pool and close to our grandkids.

We have taken 280 up the peninsula and then 19th Ave onto the bridge. Just be careful and watch for the crazies.

Crazies...in San Francisco???:confused: Can't be much worse than in 1968 when I was there going to school for the Navy. Right in the middle of the hippie boon!