3160EL MCD Shade Privacy

fidhleir

I was going to post in Window Treatments but I believe this problem may be unique to the Bighorn 3160EL. On the door side slide there are three windows, each with their own MCD shade. But there are only side valences on the outside of the three windows. So at the 5-6" gap between windows the MCD shades "float" several inches away from the window leaving a privacy gap. All other windows have a side valence on both sides, keeping the shade close to the window. Has anyone else seen/solved this problem?

BusManRG

I was going to post in Window Treatments but I believe this problem may be unique to the Bighorn 3160EL. On the door side slide there are three windows, each with their own MCD shade. But there are only side valences on the outside of the three windows. So at the 5-6" gap between windows the MCD shades "float" several inches away from the window leaving a privacy gap. All other windows have a side valence on both sides, keeping the shade close to the window. Has anyone else seen/solved this problem?
We really never had an issue. The windows are up pretty high first of all and if anybody really wanted to look in it would take a bit of an effort. One of the things that attracted us most to the 3160 is that full wall of windows and if there were side valances between each window that would defeat that wide open window concept.

Sandy

fidhleir

We feel the same regarding the large window space and open feel. I certainly wouldn't add valences between the windows. It's just that after three years of use the shades have become a little twisted and don't lay as flat as they used to. I've thought about some kind of clip or something to hold them in when they're pulled down but every idea I have would look worse than the current tweaked shades. I can certainly live with it but I thought I'd at least ask if anyone has addressed it. After three years, about 20,000 miles, and many issues, I still love this trailer. Such is life in the slow lane.

DougS

Doug S
We made and installed side valances on all of our windows except behind the stove. We enjoy the privacy and the looks they afford us.

Attachments

• 06ECF899-78C6-42B4-B13D-2EDCA0E1C858.jpg
    06ECF899-78C6-42B4-B13D-2EDCA0E1C858.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 140

SNOKING

We really never had an issue. The windows are up pretty high first of all and if anybody really wanted to look in it would take a bit of an effort. One of the things that attracted us most to the 3160 is that full wall of windows and if there were side valances between each window that would defeat that wide open window concept.

Sandy

We have the large tail windows in our 3575el also. At our ages we tend to keep our clothes on when outside the upper deck level! :eek::eek::eek:

mayflower

We made and installed side valances on all of our windows except behind the stove. We enjoy the privacy and the looks they afford us.
Hi Doug, Just now seeing your post regarding the valances you made for your 3160el. We have the same trailer and wondered how to make the valances that you made. We need some help with instructions. BTW, yours look terrific. We would appreciate any help you could give.
Sincerely,
Dana

Last edited: