Lippert solid step

Sheila161

Hi all, we have a 2014 Big Horn 3010re and wondering if anyone has put these stairs on their rig?
I am concerned about the interior stairs, they are right at the door with an angle cut on them, I’m wondering if there is enough clearance once the steps are locked up inside! I’ve tried looking this up but Lippert info is confusing so I thought I’d ask here!

Thanks in advance
SheShe

Gary521

It may not fit. Someone here has modified the steps to allow room for the stairs. Try the search function - I can't remember the post.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Looked into those at Goshen last summer. Same setup with stairs inside the door. Won’t work without modifying. We went with the Glo steps. Very pleased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

olcoon

Looked into those at Goshen last summer. Same setup with stairs inside the door. Won’t work without modifying. We went with the Glo steps. Very pleased

I agree, I feel the glow steps are more versatile, and don't like the idea of having the steps folded up inside the rig, thought it would bring dirt, mud, & rain water inside the camper.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Took this pic of a toyhauler with the folding steps. We entered through a different entrance, and could see the folded-in steps as they would appear "closed up". I went over and looked, yep, lots of dirt inside the rig. Next I noticed how unsecured the steps felt in that position. I can imagine the movement while traveling-- not sure what kind of longterm life they will have.

4eb524c1706060bc22b55c53414f6bf7.jpg

I also realized, this means if the steps are in and you're inside, you're not easily getting out that door.

carl.swoyer

Took this pic of a toyhauler with the folding steps. We entered through a different entrance, and could see the folded-in steps as they would appear "closed up". I went over and looked, yep, lots of dirt inside the rig. Next I noticed how unsecured the steps felt in that position. I can imagine the movement while traveling-- not sure what kind of longterm life they will have.

4eb524c1706060bc22b55c53414f6bf7.jpg

I also realized, this means if the steps are in and you're inside, you're not easily getting out that door.

Had a chance to bid on a set of these at the Sevierville TN rally. Opening bid was 150.00 dollars but I wasn't sold on the design.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sheila161

Don't know if yours is the same, but this link might help you.

Jim M

THANK YOU!!!! I am sure my husband will not want to do that modification! I've got him downsizing from a king to queen bed and he's not happy about that either, but I can hardly get out of my bed the space is so small! LOL! Thank you for taking the time to respond!

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, I feel the glow steps are more versatile, and don't like the idea of having the steps folded up inside the rig, thought it would bring dirt, mud, & rain water inside the camper.

Not worried about the dirt, I'll sweep before they fold in, but I am going to check out the Glow Steps! Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you all for the input! It's appreciated, I have to rethink this, but I need something else, the traditional stairs are really hurting my knees lately!!!!!

carl.swoyer

THANK YOU!!!! I am sure my husband will not want to do that modification! I've got him downsizing from a king to queen bed and he's not happy about that either, but I can hardly get out of my bed the space is so small! LOL! Thank you for taking the time to respond!

- - - Updated - - -

Not worried about the dirt, I'll sweep before they fold in, but I am going to check out the Glow Steps! Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you all for the input! It's appreciated, I have to rethink this, but I need something else, the traditional stairs are really hurting my knees lately!!!!!
I just saw these in a 2018 and the inside had ripped away from the floor, Same rig the refrigerator fell forward when I opened the door. ?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk