Domestic Fridge

Bought a 2018
b8301ea661f151de916736a8d15db71e.jpg
Heartland Torque T322 about 2 months ago, we have been planning a trip to Moab Utah in a few days , thought I would get everything un-winterized, I have a fridge outside and inside, I have the rig plugged in and thought I would get the fridges up and going, outside fridge works excellent but the inside fridge did not cool off at all, I took the cover off the back to see what might be wrong, attached are pictures of what I found, I am assuming the yellow stuff leaking out is not good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Dometic says:

Check for an ammonia smell around thecooling unit and inside the refrigerator.
This could indicate a possible refrigerant
leak. Check for any deposits of yellow
powder on the tubing which will sometimes
form around the area of a leak. NOTE: A
yellow deposit in the area of the fill valve
could be due to splashing of refrigerant
during manufacture, and would not indicate
a leak.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Check with Dometic or your dealer as the refrigerator should be under warranty.

Peace
Dave

Check with Dometic or your dealer as the refrigerator should be under warranty.

Peace
Dave

Thank you, I am still in denial because it’s brand new but I pretty much knew it was toast, will contact dealer tomorrow.

wdk450

If its a 2018 it should be under warranty. Call DOMETIC, have your model number and serial number from the tag inside the refrigerator box. Also have your vehicle purchase invoice with VIN handy.

They may be able to get you to a local RV repairer they approve, and get you fixed up for that trip. Otherwise, think about ice coolers.

Dometic USA
800-544-4881
Dometic's Website
eMail Dometic

Dometic lists Farmington RV Sales as their representative in Farmington, NM.

If its a 2018 it should be under warranty. Call DOMETIC, have your model number and serial number from the tag inside the refrigerator box. Also have your vehicle purchase invoice with VIN handy.

They may be able to get you to a local RV repairer they approve, and get you fixed up for that trip. Otherwise, think about ice coolers.

Dometic USA
800-544-4881
Dometic's Website
eMail Dometic

Leaving on the 26th, ice coolers it is.

rhodies1

Unfortunately as stated,you will need a new cooling unit..the fridge will need to come out of the cabinet in your unit to remove the old unit and install the new,at least a days work for a good installer.Not fun and not a cheap fix... a couple of grand anyway..Good thing you are under warranty.

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
I wouldn't sand for a knew cooling unit I would demand a knew fridge with the trailer being that knew if it wear me