Eureka Yellow Jacket Central Vac

ParkIt

After ours was delivered I wanted to see how well it would work, underwhelmed though I know stick built homes can have the same issue no matter what the model and how well its kept up.
Since I have a Miele (actually 2) the smaller one works perfect for all the flooring, upholstery, walls etc. It can also suck a fly from about 3' feet away on high, works better than a fly swatter! Need to fabricate a bracket to hold it in the washer closet though it doesn't take much space as it is, I think a metal magazine holder anchored to the wall will work.

So many things on the list to do before we are full timing....ack!

Dld3r

Has any bought a power head for their central vac? I bought a 2013 bighorn 3610RE and would like to buy a powerhead or airflow head attachment. Any suggestions on what to buy?

jimtoo

HI Dld3r,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure you will get some information from our other members soon.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

danemayer

Hi Dkl3r,

Since the central vac hose doesn't supply power, the only solution I'm aware of is a roller that's powered by suction. Our home vacuum has an attachment like this Power Paw that works pretty well on our carpeted stairs.

Dld3r

Thank you Dan and Ann. Do you know if I need to buy a certain brand or will any airflow powered head work?

danemayer

Thank you Dan and Ann. Do you know if I need to buy a certain brand or will any airflow powered head work?
It comes with a universal adapter and claims to fit most vacuum brands. If you order from Amazon and it doesn't fit, you should be able to return it without any fuss. If you do get it, come back to this thread and let us know how well it works.

Dld3r

Thank you so much for the information. I am going to order one and will let you all know how well it works. Again thank you.

porthole

Retired
We just happen to have two different air powered heads. They both work OK and are especially good for in between the bed and closets.

I have been looking around for an easy to adapt electric power head, but the air powered works good enough the the electric option is on the back burner.

For the big break camp cleanup we use one of the small portable Eureka uprights, which does an incredible job of cleaning up. Enough so that I pretty much have to empty and clean it after every trip.