Eureka Yellow Jacket Central Vac

RVFun4Us

WE are attempting to register all the appliances etc in our new 3055. Does anyone know where you can find the model & serial #'s for the Eureka Yellow Jacket Central Vac?? We actually dismantled the thing with absolutely no luck finding any #'s. Thanks in advance for any insight.

bigredtruck

I thought I was the only one!!!! Also trying to find the # for the stereo and it's components without ripping it all out.

imchud

WE are attempting to register all the appliances etc in our new 3055. Does anyone know where you can find the model & serial #'s for the Eureka Yellow Jacket Central Vac?? We actually dismantled the thing with absolutely no luck finding any #'s. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Hey,
Just a quick question unrelated to the S#... Does your central vac system actually work:cool:... My wife was excited about the central vac until we hooked up the hoses.... I think a 92 year old woman with lung problems can suck harder then that thing :D

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Hey,
Just a quick question unrelated to the S#... Does your central vac system actually work:cool:... My wife was excited about the central vac until we hooked up the hoses.... I think a 92 year old woman with lung problems can suck harder then that thing :D

Check you bag to make sure it is in correctly. Then check to make sure the cover is on tightly and not leaking. It bag is in the vacume in the basement. It that fails then either there is a loose fitting or a hole somewhere. Also right on the handle part is a slide which allows air to enter reducing the suction. Incidently, I have never sent in registration cards on anything because all that does is put you on their mailing list for junk mail. I have my proof of purchase and have never had any problems in getting warranty service.

RVFun4Us

Yes, our central vac works fine. Lots of suction both inside and in storage area. Also note inside you can slip up the slide mechanism on the stairs connection and sweep dirt from the entry into that area (sort of like sweeping dirt under a rug except this goes into the vacuum cleaner bag. Really like ours and we can now remove our old upright from the Big Horn.

Shadowchek

Ours works good also But When they installed it they cut the holes for the vac and the basement outlet too close together causing them to hit and knock the hose off of the inlet partially. I had to rework and seal the part that hooks on to the inlet part of the vac and now we are all good.

Greg

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
After owning a Dyson, I found the Eureka very lacking...I only use the thing like an electric dust pan...works great for sweeping the kitchen floor, but not much else.

Glad I kept the Dyson...

Delaine and Lindy

After several different brands of central vac's we have found them very lacking. We also use the Dysons, one for the RV and another one for the house. The system we have now has a much larger bag system. But we will still have the Dyson. We had to pull the panel to get to the Serial # and model #. GBY....

cmart

Not to be short on words but our central vacuum in our 3055 works really good, with and without the hose on.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
ours in our 3055 07 works very good we have dogs and it does a good job getting the hair up We also brought a beater brush for it that works very well to. Kathy

imchud

ours in our 3055 07 works very good we have dogs and it does a good job getting the hair up We also brought a beater brush for it that works very well to. Kathy

I don't get it??? my C/V system works great when using it in the dust pan mode... When you hook up the Hoses it strugles to pick up lint, let alone dog hair stuck on carpet or furniture??? I guess I need to get it back to the dealer....

Tommy

jbeletti

Tommy,

If the dust pan feature works well, before trekking back to the dealer, try a couple of things:

1. Try the hose in the vacuum outlet in the storage basement. Does it work there?
2. If no to 1 above, check the hose to see if it is clogged in any way
3. Close the air vent on the angled hard section at the end of the hose where the hose connects to the hard extension tubes

It is odd that the dustpan would work well while the hose connected to the same vacuum port would have low suction.

Guess Dyson needs to make us a Central RV vac :)

Good luck and let is know.

Jim

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
On the plate where the hose connects...grab the side and slide straight up...the unit will turn on and you can sweep debris to it and it will suck it into the vacuum.

By the way, does anyone know what type of bag this thing takes? can't seem to determine what we need.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
hey ken,
I followed your exact instructions, and it now it won't turn on at all. What should I check out to try to make it work when you grab the slide and slide straight up? I am no mechanic but will try to fix it as the DW likes to keep a clean rig. btw, it worked the last time out.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
On the plate where the hose connects...grab the side and slide straight up...the unit will turn on and you can sweep debris to it and it will suck it into the vacuum.

By the way, does anyone know what type of bag this thing takes? can't seem to determine what we need.

Ken
Open the vacuum up and look on the side of the bag. Mine says to use an OX. I also did a google on Eureka Yellowjacket and came up with the following.

Eureka Vacuum

Vacuum Bags

I also think you might be able to find them in Lowe's.

Also I have attached a PDF of a scan of my bag..

Attachments

• Eureka vacuum bag.pdf
    368.9 KB · Views: 84

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My Eureka Yellow Jacket quit too. Any troubleshooting suggestions? There is power to the outlet the unit is plugged in to. Mine is still in the manufacturer warranty. I call Eureka and they said to take it to authorized repair shop. The one they told me to call does not to warranty work.

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
I had the same problem. The cause on mine turned out to be that the floor sweep/hose connection was screwed down to tight against the steps which are carpeted in my Bighorn. This made it twist slightly throwing the small electrical contacts out of alignment when I pulled up on the floor sweep but always worked fine with the hose. I backed out one screw about one turn and have had no problem since. Would not hurt to check that.