Can't decide & can't walk thru! Have you been in the 4005 and the 429 and the 427?

I love the layouts & interior finishes of Heartland... in pictures. I can't see one in person as there aren't any for sale privately or dealers within 100 miles! I don't mind the trip to see one, but to find all three in the same town is proving impossible. Any input from any one who has been in these models and was able to compare that "feel"? I've "pros and cons"'ed these 3 till I'm just spinning, desperately trying to narrow them down but they're in a dead heat and I know it's just that "feel" that's going to tip the scales. If you've had the same painful decision to make, what made you choose your favorite? Cyclone 4005 vs. RW429 vs. RW427 Thank you all!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Broncodriver76 and welcome to this great forum. Lots of info can be found here.
Have you called Heartland and asked for a list of dealers that have what you are interested in?
They can tell you who has those models on their lot.
And sometimes it could be worth your time to travel a little bit to see exactly if you get that "feel".

Peace
Dave

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I would recommend that you do travel to see each if needed. For what they charge for these rigs you should make that effort. We use a list of want and must haves that are personal to us. One example is we will not buy a rig that you cannot access the refrigerator when the slides closed. Make your list and go down it checking things off, and then decide which one has the most on your want list. Hopefully that will be a helpful start to making your decision.

emery395

We chose 4005 because of counter space, face to face seating
and reasonable size garage with half bath that will become our dining rm and guest bedroom

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
The wife and I have been looking at both the 429 and the 4005. We like both floorplans as they have more of a separation in the kitchen and living room area. And not one large long couch. The RW 429 has won our vote. And has moved into the top 3 on our list. There are a few reasons we are leaning in that direction and with that model.
-We like the seating in relationship to the main TV in the 429.
-We feel there is more accessibility to the kitchen when the slides are closed with the 429 then the 4005. Though it is limited. (Granted, we were unable to check both models when they are closed. Just looking at how they are configured)
-DW also liked the position of the bed in the RW as compared to the tilting bed in the 4005.
Just different things we noticed. Things we like are maybe other things people dislike. I guess that’s why they make so many models.

Good luck

We chose 4005 because of counter space, face to face seating
and reasonable size garage with half bath that will become our dining rm and guest bedroom

Those are my reasons as well for the 4005, I love the U shaped kitchen/counter space galore, the separate space for the stove (so the rest of the cabinets/etc won't get as dirty) and my favorite part is having the loft access in the garage BUT a little cabinet to open so they aren't excluded! They can watch TV with the fam in bed :) My 11 yr boy would be in heaven

I wish the entry to the garage wasn't in the kitchen and more central to the living room so it felt like an extension of family area more, but I don't know how to design that any differently than the 429 and it's pretty incredible what they ARE doing in these toy haulers these days! lol

My main concern, my top desire, is an open feeling with lots of windows so it doesn't feel hallway-ish or tight as much as possible. Were you able to see the 429? Which felt more open in the living/kitchen area? I LOVE the bedroom in the 429, love love love...but the living room is my priority. And I rather the laundry in the garage.

I really like the pantry cabinet in the 429, hoping there's enough cabinets in the 4005 to make up for lack of pantry?

Thank you SO much for your input/time & help! I will hopefully travel to see them all eventually, but feedback from those who are actually in them now is so very helpful! Give me things to think about that I might not notice until it's too late to consider!

Thank you!

I would recommend that you do travel to see each if needed. For what they charge for these rigs you should make that effort. We use a list of want and must haves that are personal to us. One example is we will not buy a rig that you cannot access the refrigerator when the slides closed. Make your list and go down it checking things off, and then decide which one has the most on your want list. Hopefully that will be a helpful start to making your decision.

All good considerations! I will definitely go to see as many as I can, I fear that we may see one and decide though, without the opportunity to see them all, out of convenience. I obsess/research until I can't decide at all and my husband is more impulsive, ;) We make a good team! lol

Top priority, lots of windows! Our TH now has terrible windows, no slides. It's "The Cave".

The wife and I have been looking at both the 429 and the 4005. We like both floorplans as they have more of a separation in the kitchen and living room area. And not one large long couch. The RW 429 has won our vote. And has moved into the top 3 on our list. There are a few reasons we are leaning in that direction and with that model.
-We like the seating in relationship to the main TV in the 429.
-We feel there is more accessibility to the kitchen when the slides are closed with the 429 then the 4005. Though it is limited. (Granted, we were unable to check both models when they are closed. Just looking at how they are configured)
-DW also liked the position of the bed in the RW as compared to the tilting bed in the 4005.
Just different things we noticed. Things we like are maybe other things people dislike. I guess that’s why they make so many models.

Good luck

I absolutely love the bedroom in the 429! It's just beautiful, prettiest closet doors to ever grace an RV! Windows! Hide-a-way TV! They have to just put this bedroom in all 5th wheels from now on, my vote!

Two couches are important to me too. Are you able to see the TV from the smaller couch? I had a dealer tell me that he spent time in the 429 and disliked the TV set up, as only one area could see the tv at all. The 4005 is kind of that way in that the couches aren't pointed directly at the TV. I guess we could all just talk to each other ;)

I'm not terribly concerned with what happens when it's closed. I have a mobile hallway with no slides and a rhino sidebyside in the living room now so, nothing is easy to get to while travelling.

What are your thoughts on the all in one 1/2 bath? Odd/inefficient or convenient?

Did you have the same feel of openness in both the 4005 and 429? This is my dilemma, any input on this is very valuable!

Which other models are in your top 3?

Did you see any difference in build between the quality/options of the RW vs the cylclone?

Husband is disappointed in the lack of tech options in Heartlands vs other luxury THs. Digital toys/apps and push button controls

Thank you very very much for your opinions!!

Hello Broncodriver76 and welcome to this great forum. Lots of info can be found here.
Have you called Heartland and asked for a list of dealers that have what you are interested in?
They can tell you who has those models on their lot.
And sometimes it could be worth your time to travel a little bit to see exactly if you get that "feel".

Peace
Dave

Thank you for that suggestion! I will call them this week and see if they have more info on units closest to me, other than the ones advertised on the web. They will probably have more info too to provide on differences between models that might not be so obvious in pics.

Thank you!

avvidclif

When we chose our toy hauler we had several factors in mind. Main thing was weight. Next was completely self-contained. Then was access to kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom with slides in. Last was I don't watch tv at home looking at the tv sideways and I won't do it in an rv. Our current rv meets all the requirements except limited kitchen access, can't get to stove/microwave with slide in. Can access fridge, sink, counter, bathroom, and bedroom with slides in. We gave up counter space but we don't cook that much inside, minor issue to us. 50" TV is faced by our double recliner. We don't have a dedicated living/dining area, it's all garage, 18'x8' of it. We love it and it fits what we do. We have sleeping for 10 if 4 are under 150lbs ea. Smaller kids, grand and greats, how many can you put in 4 over queen size beds?

Negative: You need step stool to reach the cabinets in the garage/living area. They are over 6' to the bottom of them. Don't go by the layout unless you like watching a 50" tv from 4' away.

Just throwing out some ideas to think about.

david-steph2018

You asked about the 427 also. We have had our 427 for only about 7 months but I'll give some input.
The cabinets are high in the living room and garage you will need a step stool to reach the cabinets
with the slides in you can not access the bedroom, bath. The fridge is questionable, if you don't mind climbing on the couch to get to it with the slide in. Access to the garage from the living area with the slide in --- No. We carry a golf cart so with it in the garage you can't get into the half bath in the garage by going thru the garage.
I know it seems like a few negatives but once at the campground and unloaded the 427 is wonderful. We love the side patio, the rear patio, and the space in the living room. We carry a small patio set (2 chairs, 2 foot stools and a round glass top table) and place this on the side patio. In the morning sitting out there with a cup of coffee from the Keurig, with your loved one, listening to nature is great and relaxing.

We are going to Dauphin Island and Pensacola this June sitting there on the patios looking at the ocean and relaxing is what all of this is about. No matter which unit you pick you will make memories.
But we would not trade our 427 for any other unit. We did look at all of these. Plus we also looked at the 428 (2019) before buying.

Sniper338

I owned a 42 ft cyclone toy hauler at one time... I mever had any big issues with it and lived in it for 2 years. Biggest issue was couch wear for sitting AND black tank sprayers system... Never once took it to a dealer for a fix or problem. It was my first RV. If I had the money to buy one now that I need another ID buy a new one biggeat they make again in a heatbeat... I bought this one used...

cant speak for the others... but id buy a cyclone again this week and be happy with quality no worries IF I could afford it... but $120k aint in the budget for what we are doing..

CoveredWagon

Believe me broncodriver it will be worth your while to see as many units as you can. We were looking at SOB and drone 4 hours to see the exact unit we were ready to order. It took us less than 10 minutes to be dissatisfied. That’s when the sales gal show us the Bighorn. That took me less than 2 minutes to say WOW. Luckily that dealership had many different CURRENT models (be very careful of the model year they show you) they were able to show us. Think about it, a day or two traveling is little expense compared to satisfaction.