First outing in V22

Alucard

Picked up my new 2019 V22 Friday and took it out for a dry run Saturday. Spent 2 nights dry camping on some of my land with a great view and sunrise. We loved the layout...very comfy for 2. I noticed a few things wrong. 1. Short in the awning lights...have to toggle the switch several times to get them on. 2. Water pump just spurted air and sporadic water from all the faucets...going to have to figure out how to bleed lines. 3. Emptied gray water tank #2 and saw what looked like white toilet paper come out. Didn't think that was proper. 4. The radio/dvd player really is bad and difficult to play a DVD.

One design issue was when the sofa is pulled out into a bed, you cant open the bathroom door. My daughter had to get up a few times in the night so we could access the facilities.

Is there a way to get schematics on this thing so I can see what is where and where things are supposed to be inside and underneath?

Love the Terry and don't mind working out bugs but I don't have time taking it in and out of a shop for things I may be able to correct and/or upgrade.

danemayer

Water pump spurting air sounds like the winterizing valve is open, sucking air into the pump. Also, if it wasn't winterized completely, the filter basket on the suction side of the pump could be cracked.

wdk450

V-22! I keep imagining a Marine Osprey tilt rotor aircraft (V-22) landing at the RV park!!

Alucard

Thanks. Couldn't get the sputter out when used my water pump. When connected to city water it's fine. Also the Gray tank 2 is definitely getting filled by the toilet. They did something wrong.

Thanks. Couldn't get the sputter out when used my water pump. When connected to city water it's fine. Also the Gray tank 2 is definitely getting filled by the toilet. They did something wrong.

Sounds like they missed labeled the pull handles for the Black and Gray tank.

Alucard

If they mislabeled the handles then it's wrong on all. The front two are Gray 1 and Sewer which pour into one pipe with 2 handles. The back one is labeled Gray 2. The Gray 2 has the sewage coming out.

If they mislabeled the handles then it's wrong on all. The front two are Gray 1 and Sewer which pour into one pipe with 2 handles. The back one is labeled Gray 2. The Gray 2 has the sewage coming out.

Really whatever has the sewer stuff coming out is your black tank no matter what it says. The others are gray. On my trailer I have four tanks ALL where wrong. Black was gray and gray was black. I just made some new labels and stuck them on over the old ones.

Alucard

Yes. Gonna need new labels. Also the bathroom door is backwards. The couch/bed completely blocks the door when the bed is out. On all the YouTube walk through videos on the V22 it has the door handle on the other side...which makes more sense.

Furious10

Yes...just need to work out the kinks. We have Black and Gray 1 and Gray 2. We don't have a second gray on the original V21. Also, we have a tilt bed. Instead of 'up and down', the switch says 'in and out', like it's the awning. Hard to turn on the furnace...we replaced that. Sounds like the winterizing valve is open...ours was. Your tanks are labeled wrong and your handles are wrong...we have 2 black colored handles and no gray. Your door opens on the wrong side and check the slide on the screen door; ours was put in wrong and there was a huge gap for bugs. Wrong labels, gaps, ill-fits, terrible owners manual, loose wires, non-supported microwave and a host of naggy little things. But...we love our Terry. Dealers really should advise people to do a thorough pre-delivery check (PDI) of every little thing; maybe have a checklist. Welcome to Heartland quality control.

Yes...just need to work out the kinks. We have Black and Gray 1 and Gray 2. We don't have a second gray on the original V21. Also, we have a tilt bed. Instead of 'up and down', the switch says 'in and out', like it's the awning. Hard to turn on the furnace...we replaced that. Sounds like the winterizing valve is open...ours was. Your tanks are labeled wrong and your handles are wrong...we have 2 black colored handles and no gray. Your door opens on the wrong side and check the slide on the screen door; ours was put in wrong and there was a huge gap for bugs. Wrong labels, gaps, ill-fits, terrible owners manual, loose wires, non-supported microwave and a host of naggy little things. But...we love our Terry. Dealers really should advise people to do a thorough pre-delivery check (PDI) of every little thing; maybe have a checklist. Welcome to Heartland quality control.

I love the Terry Classics and am willing to work through those “naggy little things,” as are you. Not sure if you purchased a v21 or v22 the second time around but am wondering what made you decide to choose the one you have. I have been able to go inside the v21 and absolutely love the floor plan. However, there are no v22’s around so I cannot actually look at them other than on YouTube. I like the roomier kitchen better in the v22, but don’t like the bedroom. The v21 seems roomier inside where the seating is, which I also like better. I would love to have your thoughts on this as we are going to be purchasing one this summer.

- - - Updated - - -

Picked up my new 2019 V22 Friday and took it out for a dry run Saturday. Spent 2 nights dry camping on some of my land with a great view and sunrise. We loved the layout...very comfy for 2. I noticed a few things wrong. 1. Short in the awning lights...have to toggle the switch several times to get them on. 2. Water pump just spurted air and sporadic water from all the faucets...going to have to figure out how to bleed lines. 3. Emptied gray water tank #2 and saw what looked like white toilet paper come out. Didn't think that was proper. 4. The radio/dvd player really is bad and difficult to play a DVD.

One design issue was when the sofa is pulled out into a bed, you cant open the bathroom door. My daughter had to get up a few times in the night so we could access the facilities.

Is there a way to get schematics on this thing so I can see what is where and where things are supposed to be inside and underneath?

Love the Terry and don't mind working out bugs but I don't have time taking it in and out of a shop for things I may be able to correct and/or upgrade.

Congratulations on your v22. Hope you have worked out most of the kinks and are loving it. Please see my post to Furious10. I would be interested in what made you choose the v22 over the v21. We are going to purchase a Terry Classic this summer (probably the v21), but I would love any input you might have.

Furious10

I love the Terry Classics and am willing to work through those “naggy little things,” as are you. Not sure if you purchased a v21 or v22 the second time around but am wondering what made you decide to choose the one you have. I have been able to go inside the v21 and absolutely love the floor plan. However, there are no v22’s around so I cannot actually look at them other than on YouTube. I like the roomier kitchen better in the v22, but don’t like the bedroom. The v21 seems roomier inside where the seating is, which I also like better. I would love to have your thoughts on this as we are going to be purchasing one this summer.

We have the original V21. We have done some remodeling to suit our needs. You can check out the remodels of ours and others in this forum...Design Ideas...Interior re-do. We like the V21 for the lay-out. Kitchen is not that important as we like to cook and eat outside when we can. We like the bedroom and the bathroom, although we did re-design the bathroom. The look is what first attracted us...there were no other options (V22) when we bought ours. But, we still like our V21 better. We also like our paint scheme better. To each, his own. Be prepared...you will attract a lot of attention and give a lot of tours. ;) We also have a FaceBook page if you are interested. You can ask more questions of the V22 owners and the V21 owners. Check it out...https://www.facebook.com/groups/340715299766020/. Good luck on your hunt and I think you will love it.

We have the original V21. We have done some remodeling to suit our needs. You can check out the remodels of ours and others in this forum...Design Ideas...Interior re-do. We like the V21 for the lay-out. Kitchen is not that important as we like to cook and eat outside when we can. We like the bedroom and the bathroom, although we did re-design the bathroom. The look is what first attracted us...there were no other options (V22) when we bought ours. But, we still like our V21 better. We also like our paint scheme better. To each, his own. Be prepared...you will attract a lot of attention and give a lot of tours. ;) We also have a FaceBook page if you are interested. You can ask more questions of the V22 owners and the V21 owners. Check it out...https://www.facebook.com/groups/340715299766020/. Good luck on your hunt and I think you will love it.

Thank you for responding. I have scoured this forum for every bit of information that I can get. Like you, I figured I would be doing most of the cooking outside. One thing I noticed is that the v22 does not have a vent fan over the stove for those times that you need to cook inside (another plus for the v21). Also, like you, we have no other options (v22) either. However, I love the v21 (like the bathroom door being open and acting as a bedroom door). Lol, I’m sure you do attract a lot of attention. It’s so unique! I don’t participate in social media so won’t be able to interact on Facebook. I have been able to click on a few links and look at pictures, etc.

Yes. Gonna need new labels. Also the bathroom door is backwards. The couch/bed completely blocks the door when the bed is out. On all the YouTube walk through videos on the V22 it has the door handle on the other side...which makes more sense.
Our V22 has the exact same issues. I'm so glad I didn't do a grey water dump into my yard from Grey Water #2. We figured it out this weekend when I was trying to dump and the Black tank Lights indicated full, but there was nothing flowing when I opened the valve. I finally got frustrated and moved to drain the Grey 2 and the black indicated empty.

I flipped ( inverted ) the bathroom door and swapped and inverted the jambs so it opens when the couch is opened for sleeping.

The outside shower light only works after it has been raining. It if it is dry no light.... rain and the light works fine which makes me concerned about possible water damage somewhere.

Heartland has a lot of minor issues like this on our V22 so far, but I can see a huge issue if someone dumps sewage into a garden thinking it was only shower water.

I will be contacting Heartland about other things we've found such as the shelf under the microwave not mounted properly because a shelf brace had been drilled through to install the gas line for the stove and the center support was broken so we had a flopping shelf over the furnace and under the micro.

I love the trailer, manufacturing is weak on mine.

Furious10

Our V22 has the exact same issues. I'm so glad I didn't do a grey water dump into my yard from Grey Water #2. We figured it out this weekend when I was trying to dump and the Black tank Lights indicated full, but there was nothing flowing when I opened the valve. I finally got frustrated and moved to drain the Grey 2 and the black indicated empty.

I flipped ( inverted ) the bathroom door and swapped and inverted the jambs so it opens when the couch is opened for sleeping.

The outside shower light only works after it has been raining. It if it is dry no light.... rain and the light works fine which makes me concerned about possible water damage somewhere.

Heartland has a lot of minor issues like this on our V22 so far, but I can see a huge issue if someone dumps sewage into a garden thinking it was only shower water.

I will be contacting Heartland about other things we've found such as the shelf under the microwave not mounted properly because a shelf brace had been drilled through to install the gas line for the stove and the center support was broken so we had a flopping shelf over the furnace and under the micro.

I love the trailer, manufacturing is weak on mine.

I have one of the "original" V21 Terrys so I'm not familiar with the V22. But, from the discussions on the FB page (great resource), a lot of the V22s have the door issue and it appears to be a mistake. The dealers (most) are switching the door so it opens correctly. My light over the outdoor shower did not work and I replaced the switch, which can be bought online. Also check for water tightness around light and re-caulk as necessary. Some say that the grey/black tanks are labeled incorrectly. Only way to test that is to watch what comes out when valves are opened. Our handles were both black...I painted one grey when I found out which one it was. The indicator lights are often wrong on most trailers, not just the Terry. We just know, with use, when to dump. For us, we can usually get 3+ days with 2 people using the shower and toilet. Good luck and have fun.

I have one of the "original" V21 Terrys so I'm not familiar with the V22. But, from the discussions on the FB page (great resource), a lot of the V22s have the door issue and it appears to be a mistake. The dealers (most) are switching the door so it opens correctly. My light over the outdoor shower did not work and I replaced the switch, which can be bought online. Also check for water tightness around light and re-caulk as necessary. Some say that the grey/black tanks are labeled incorrectly. Only way to test that is to watch what comes out when valves are opened. Our handles were both black...I painted one grey when I found out which one it was. The indicator lights are often wrong on most trailers, not just the Terry. We just know, with use, when to dump. For us, we can usually get 3+ days with 2 people using the shower and toilet. Good luck and have fun.

" I wonder if you can use food coloring in toilet to help figure out which tank is which before actually taking it out?"