ATF: Mallard - adding Convection Microwave in M325

Our 2017 M325 has the 900W High Pointe microwave and we and to replace it with a Convection / Microwave. the cabinet opening dimensions are 20" wide x 13.5" tall x 15' deep. Is there a unit that will fit that space?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know how accurate your measurements are but here is one from Best Buy that is just a bit wider than your 20" width. Best Buy.
You may be able to modify your opening.

Peace
Dave

I don't know how accurate your measurements are but here is one from Best Buy that is just a bit wider than your 20" width. Best Buy.
You may be able to modify your opening.

Peace
Dave

that is the perfect size but not sure how this one would work being that I need to bolt the face plate to it. the builtin models have the holes pre-drilled.

this brings up another question, could I install an Over the Range until like the ons in the 5vers? not sure what i would bolt it to once the little cabinet is removed.. Pic of cabinet attached

.View attachment 57625

Attachments

• 20180502_204005.jpg
    20180502_204005.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 15

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have seen 24 inch microwave/convection ovens. Here's one.
If you modified your cabinet to remove the door and that stile a 24 inch would probably fit.
You will/should need to vent a convection to the outside in order to get rid of the heat they produce when cooking.

Peace
Dave