New heartland owner

ML64

I just purchased a Fuel 322 toy hauler, and by just purchased I mean I haven't even picked it up yet. I will be using it for dry camping almost exclusively, and will be putting tons of off road miles on it. So here is the thing- I have seen a few negative reviews since my purchase regarding Heartland trailers and I really want to hear that I made the right call with this purchase, so anyone with experience with this particular trailer (or any heartland toy hauler for that matter), especially those who have used it off road a lot, please let me know how things have gone, and what to watch for if you have had issues. I hope this thing will last me for the rest of my life- the idea here was for my wife and I to make one last big RV purchase and call it good. Any and all help here will be appreciated

jimtoo

HI ML64,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

When you go for PDI make sure everything is fixed and operates before you sign the final papers. Do a very slow through inspection of everything.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M

kowAlski631

Do a good PDI - these trailers are made by humans and humans mess up. Don't let the dealer tell you that they have gone over the trailer and everything is perfect. It's not their money, it's yours. We videoed our walkthrough so everything was documented. Don't rush it. There's a great PDI guide here on the forum. Just do a search. But, make sure you open every drawer, know what every switch does and when it need to be operated, and ask every question you think of - even the ones that might seem to you to be dumb. You're the person in charge since it's your money.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The best PDI, especially if you’re not familiar with RV’s, is where a service tech demonstrates all functions and then has you do it. The rig should have water and power and hopefully a floor drain to dump a (new, unused!) tank into. Ours was done in a service bay and we operated everything, lights, systems, you name it. While we finished the paperwork, they installed the hitch in my truck and had me maneuver the rig around the lot for a bit to get the feel for it. We were moving up from a TT at the time.

Make note of any discrepancies with the tech and the sales person to ensure they’re documented and they get taken care of, either on the spot or when the part(s) come in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frniners

So we bought a 305 Fuel at the end of May. Used it Memorial Day weekend and tried using the AC and it tripped the breaker a few times. Chalked it up to bad resort main breaker. Used it again two weeks later and it tripped the breaker numerous times. Contacted Camping World and they said to bring it in. We took it in and they claimed the AC was bad so they replaced it. Took it out again 4th of July weekend and the breaker continually flipped. No AC in the summer is not good so we took it back and now they are looking at it again. This is absolutely unacceptable...

While its in the shop for a second time we decided to browse the heartland Fuel website and found the "Standard Features" page. While looking over the standard features section (305 specifically) we noticed that there are a lot of standard features per Heartland that were not part of our Fuel 305. What the heck is that about?

https://heartlandrvs.com/2018/toy-hauler/fuel/fu-305/

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

we decided to browse the heartland Fuel website and found the "Standard Features" page. While looking over the standard features section (305 specifically) we noticed that there are a lot of standard features per Heartland that were not part of our Fuel 305. What the heck is that about?
(link deleted)

The website in your link is not the HeartlandRVs.com website. It appears to be a copy of the Heartland website, but no telling who created it or for what purpose.

If you think something's missing, you should start by discussing with your selling dealer.

Last edited:

frniners

Last edited by a moderator:

BLR

Is this the Toyhauler that is a Camping world exclusive??

Sent from BLR Logistics

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I am not sure what that means. I have seen them online being sold at other dealerships

Fuel is the Heartland product made exclusively for Camping World. You won't likely see them at other independent dealerships, but will see them at other Camping Worlds. This is CW's way to keep you from being able to "shop around" for the same rig. It also likely means they are the only one that will do warranty service on brands they sell.

If you are not happy with Camping World's service, contact Heartland and see if they can provide you with a servicer in your area that will do warranty work on Fuel toy haulers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this is old but the original link was lost. Any way I think the quality is on par with other brands, we like our 305 & its great for off road. Added 2 six volt batteries which helped a lot. I am not a big fan of the schwin tek slides but hopefully they will hold up. good luck.