2017 Road Warrior 427 w Non Working AC

JoeAmy

Hello,
My rig is 18 mos old, w 7 year extended warranty. I have an AC unit (in garage) which is now not operating........just humming, no air is blowing.
I had a similar unit go with same type of symptoms 4 weeks after we got the unit. It wasn't easy getting that unit AC replaced then, as it took over 4 months, and finally some really high up guy in Heartland who I contacted over the net, got me the help to get me a new unit and then have a mobile RV tech replace it..(as we live in it and taking it to a local shop is NOT an option). Plus, it would be at a nearby Camping World that is NOT known for good service.

Used to be that where I bought the unit, Lakeland RV, they'd get the process started, but I called them and they said they can't process warranty work any longer.
One issue I ran into was the representative from the air conditioning company, think it is duotherm/coleman ask me what the ambient temp was and the inside temp was....well, I asked them what they thought the difference between a non working AC unit would be. I just felt there was plenty of stupid hoops to jump through and excuses were plenty.
I'd just like the smoothest process of getting this AC unit replaced......any suggestions?
Thank you!

Please give me any/all contact info. I do know that Heartland took a long time to pay the tech for his work, so I don't even know if he'll come back, so also I need to find a tech near Tallahassee FL
Joe

danemayer

Heartland doesn't sell extended warranties, so they won't be able to assist you with getting coverage from your 7 year extended warranty.

But your air conditioner could have a manufacturer's warranty longer than 1 year - from the A/C manufacturer. If so, the A/C manufacturer will direct you to an authorized servicer for their A/C units.

If you A/C unit has only a 1 year warranty, I'd suggest reviewing the extended warranty documents to see what the claims process requires from you.