Madison owners

Routemaster

Looking at a used Madison what are the downsides to owning one?.I am concerned about the 300lb <> extra weight on king pin.
I have also 4 6volt Batteries and gen in my front compatment to, then solar 2000w inverter and controller to transfer over?
We have heard that front living rooms prone to be warmer.Also basement storage is a lot less than ours, being we fulltime.
I have a 2015 3500LTZ DRW C/C truck.

Routemaster

In the Landmark Brochure it gives the hitch weights the Arlington is 3100lbs, Newport 3210lbs then the Madison was 3640lbs. I was concerned about extra weight added to front hold.
Den.

danemayer

When a new floor plan is designed, the pin weight is taken on a unit with no options and nothing in it. Depending on options, and how you load the basement and front living areas, the actual pin weight can be quite a bit higher than the spec.

Our dually has a payload of 5,700 lbs. After considering our actual pin weight, the weight of the hitch, the bed cover, tools, passengers and pets, there's still plenty of payload margin.

The payload for your truck is probably on a label affixed to the driver's side door jamb. You probably also have plenty of payload margin.