ATF: Big Country - unreal let down

Dfisch

Hey guys bought what I thought was 2018 instead you down graded it to a 2019 these units are stripped IE no daynight shades no carpet in lounge no curtains at windows does not allow for privatecy took away the entertainment cabinets what were you thinking a bit ****** off customer

danemayer

Hi Dfisch,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

This is the time of year when models roll over. Model year changes usually mean feature additions and improvements, but sometimes there are takeaways as well. The intent is to make the product more competitive, but it can be very disappointing to not get what you were expecting.

CoveredWagon

When we ordered our 2018 3270rs there was a Fantastic vent fan in the kitchen area. We also ordered the optional Fantastic vent fan in the bathroom. Well a few weeks before ours was built the roof structure was changed forcing the elimination of the vent fan in the kitchen. Ok I can live with that, but do you think I got a rebate for the elimination. NO!

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
When we ordered our 2018 3270rs there was a Fantastic vent fan in the kitchen area. We also ordered the optional Fantastic vent fan in the bathroom. Well a few weeks before ours was built the roof structure was changed forcing the elimination of the vent fan in the kitchen. Ok I can live with that, but do you think I got a rebate for the elimination. NO!

I believe that the fantastic fan has been added back in the kitchen

Dfisch

Hi Dfisch,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

This is the time of year when models roll over. Model year changes usually mean feature additions and improvements, but sometimes there are takeaways as well. The intent is to make the product more competitive, but it can be very disappointing to not get what you were expecting.

Well I can see you have a Landmark I bet if they down graded it you would of said something as well These are high units but Big country must be of their list of high end units Should bought something else didn't think they would be so cheap and disrespectful to their customers

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
don't think your fan was eliminated they just didn't have any at the time yours wear built

- - - Updated - - -

Hey guys bought what I thought was 2018 instead you down graded it to a 2019 these units are stripped IE no daynight shades no carpet in lounge no curtains at windows does not allow for privatecy took away the entertainment cabinets what were you thinking a bit ****** off customer

If it wear me I wouldn't except it

Go-Fly

I ordered my trailer during the roll over time frame. It said in the contract that the factory had the right to change or eliminate any item. I changed that to, I had to be notified of any changes in year build. I ordered a 2016, when it came time to build it they decided mine would be a 2017. My dealer called me, we went over what was different, made some changes on the build. I ended up with what I wanted. You have to be pro-active. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

NYSUPstater

We ordered our BC in March of '17 and came thru as a '18 model. Had all the features mentioned as standard and we had requested a Fantastic Fan on bathroom, carpet in LR which was done. No Day/night shades, just night ones which is ok, would've liked the day/night shades. '17 models had nightstands below BR windows. Got eliminated for '18. Did get the marble finish above and below the fireplace (change/upgrade from '17) which gives it a more distinct look. Does have cabinets on each side of the FP. Haven't seen the '19' floorplans yet to compare to. Wanted Correct Track, but that too was eliminated '18 on. In the BR, the fireplace has a "stone facade", later '18 models, this was gone.

kowAlski631

Well I can see you have a Landmark I bet if they down graded it you would of said something as well These are high units but Big country must be of their list of high end units Should bought something else didn't think they would be so cheap and disrespectful to their customers

WOW. Well, our BH which we had special ordered had the kitchen cabinet colors changed - from a medium finish to a dark one. Our dealer told us that if we didn't like it we could refuse delivery. Did yours give you that option? Did the dealer explain the differences or just leave it to you to discover? The dealer is supposed to be the liaison between the factory and you. I'd be stomping on the dealer's head rather than the owners here.

danemayer

We happened to place our order in the summer and being in-between the model year change and mid-year refresh, there were no changes. But we have some friends who bought a Landmark a few months after we did and got the next model year. My wife would have been unhappy with the change in interior colors and I would have missed the wood slat window shades. But I would have liked the UDC switch for the water pump. And I think the mega shower would have been a big plus. So for us, relative to the following model year, there were some pluses, and also some minuses. Maybe along with your minuses, there are some pluses.

But you sound so upset that I'm wondering why you took delivery of an RV that is so disappointing to you.

Dfisch

We happened to place our order in the summer and being in-between the model year change and mid-year refresh, there were no changes. But we have some friends who bought a Landmark a few months after we did and got the next model year. My wife would have been unhappy with the change in interior colors and I would have missed the wood slat window shades. But I would have liked the UDC switch for the water pump. And I think the mega shower would have been a big plus. So for us, relative to the following model year, there were some pluses, and also some minuses. Maybe along with your minuses, there are some pluses.

But you sound so upset that I'm wondering why you took delivery of an RV that is so disappointing to you.

Well the dealer said some would be correcting but that was an out right lie they want your money but not your time

- - - Updated - - -

:rolleyes:
Well the dealer said some would be correcting but that was an out right lie they want your money but not your time

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Are you giving up a useful appliance for the sake of appearances? Over the years we have found that it is very useful whenever the weather doesn't warrant using the A/C.

CDN

B and B
I am not sure this forum can really help your situation. Your dealer is who looks after pre-sale issues. Use a PDI form as being unhappy about the changes every issue should be completed prior to taking delivery. Any manufacturer has the clause about running changes during a production of a trailer can happen. The Dealer should be communicating here between the Factory and Customer.

Dfisch

Are you giving up a useful appliance for the sake of appearances? Over the years we have found that it is very useful whenever the weather doesn't warrant using the A/C.
Actually ordered every option except dual pane windows including yette package I just cant believe Heartland has stripped the Big Country down to the bones they haven't even adjusted the slides where they removed the carpet they were just in a rush to strip it down I actually loved my 2015 3900FB but saw the 2018 Loved the floor plan and its layout The factory did agree to send out the curtains for the windows after I blew a fuse at the dealer and if they didn't have 13 grand down which they said they keep if I didn't take delivery so yes I'm ****** and rightfully so

- - - Updated - - -

I am not sure this forum can really help your situation. Your dealer is who looks after pre-sale issues. Use a PDI form as being unhappy about the changes every issue should be completed prior to taking delivery. Any manufacturer has the clause about running changes during a production of a trailer can happen. The Dealer should be communicating here between the Factory and Customer.

Agreed but it never happened But still Heartland stripped the units for one thing the almighty buck

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Hmmm, I'm confused why you think the Big Country has been stripped. Our 2016 didn't have day/night shades.

I have read on the forum a big demand for carpet to be removed from the living area, because carpet shows wear too fast.

And our 2016 doesn't have any curtains... just fabric that looks like curtains pulled taught on either side of the windows. (Mostly they just collect dust!) The new wood frames around the windows are an "upgrade" like what the Landmark had a few years ago.

As Heartland upgrades and adds features, other areas get modified to keep the price point in the same target market.

I'm sorry you didn't like the modifications that Heartland made. We saw our floorplan in June of 2015, and loved it, but didn't like the decor or options. Heartland made changes in fall of 2015, and we saw it in 2016 and fell in love. Bought it right away, because we knew they'd change it again! It's the nature of the business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk