Questions for Oshkosh owners??

JandK

My husband and I are just about ready to take the plunge into purchasing an Oshkosh for our fulltime retirement living. I have just a few questions for Oshkosh owners - since the bathroom does not have a linen closet, I am wondering if there is room in the washer/dryer closet on the left hand side for shelving where I could store our linens? And if not, where do you store these items?

Do you have side by side washer/dryer in that closet, or do you have a stackable washer/dryer? Can you do either - any preferences??

If you are traveling with a dog, where do you store the dog food and where do you place the dog bowls inside the unit? We've got a lab so the bowls are not small!

Thanks so much for the info! I love this forum - it has given us lots of information over the last 2 years of our search for our future 5er home!

mikeandconnie

Hi again, I also added the shelving to the side cabinets for more specific items. If I had a pet I would keep it's food here.

Attachments

• IMG_20180516_134358350.jpg
    IMG_20180516_134358350.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 98

JandK

Thanks. These are great pics. Can you tell me how deep the cabinets are? And did you add all of those shelves? Are both cabinets originally without any shelves at all?

mikeandconnie

Yes, the right cabinet was a coat closet and had no shelves.The left had just a few. It's 7 inches. I added shelves that fits are needs. Attached is picture of a good place to put your dog bowls,there is plenty of room especially if you took the shelve off. Maybe someone with pets will respond.

Attachments

• IMG_20180516_160249105.jpg
    IMG_20180516_160249105.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Jc55

Hi There,
First, only side by side will fit in the closet. I've also added a shelf and removed the hanging rod to store extra linens.
I also added a towel rack above the toilet.
I had the shelving at the end of the island removed and then got rid of the pull out trash can to reclaim that space for extra storage
I replaced that with pull out baskets (still re-organizing)
Also, regarding pets. I have 3 dogs. I store the big bag of dog food in a storage bin in the basement. I have a smaller airtight container that I store in the pantry along with their can food.
I only have their food bowls out while they eat and then they get stored in the drawer under the fireplace. Hope this helps!
IMG_1554.jpgIMG_1549.jpgIMG_1548.jpgIMG_1550.jpg

genep777

View attachment 57812

Hi, we are happy with the slide storage. We added a shelve for our towels. See picture.
Mike

Hi Mike, We too have purchased a new OshKosh. We would like to put a combo washer dryer in the slideout along with a storage unit. Could you give me the inside dimensions of this slideout? I have located a storage unit from IKEA but not sure it will fit? Thank you, Donald Peters

JandK

Thanks everyone for all of the info and also the photos! Its been very helpful! A couple more questions - do you like the power bed? What about the new sofa with the reclining ends - do you like it better than the sofa bed?