Axles on 2015 Oakmont 345RS

crussian

Hi Folks, before calling Heartland Parts department with my VIN I thought I would ask here regarding the bearings on the axles. I believe they are the 7K lbs axles and I would like to order the new complete bearing kits. I have found through my research that there are two different sizes. As a reference, my search brought me to etrailer and their response was:

"For 7k Dexter axle bearings you have two options depending on the inner diameter of the seal you need. You would need part # BK3-200 for if your seal has an inner diameter of 2.25 inches. Or part # BK3-210 for if your seal inner diameter is 2.125 inches."

I have no idea what the inner diameter of the seal is. Not sure the person on the Heartland phone would know. Is there a stamped serial number or some other indicator (without taking the wheels and present bearings out, to determine which size I need?

Thanks in advance.

C&J

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Have you looked at the axles? Normally there is a tag on them that will have information you will need.
You can then get the part numbers from Dexter.

Peace
Dave

Gary521

If you look closely at the pictures of the bearings from Etrailer, you will see that they are made in China. Get the bearing numbers from Dexter but order them from somewhere else. Amazon or Rockauto carries these bearings. You can get Timken bearings there. The numbers are the same.

crussian

So I get the number off the axle and Dexter will be able to tell me what size I need?

C&J

If you look closely at the pictures of the bearings from Etrailer, you will see that they are made in China. Get the bearing numbers from Dexter but order them from somewhere else. Amazon or Rockauto carries these bearings. You can get Timken bearings there. The numbers are the same.

EOneal59

You can give your vin no. To Heartland parts dept and they can tell you what you need for your axles