Atwood Water heater - Inop on AC Power

Hello All,
Thanks for fielding my question.
Atwood GC10A-4E in a Heartland 40FKSS (love this)
Works fine on propane.
I have read a lot of the post here and looked at the posted manuals.
I am not getting 12v power on the white wire at the controller.
The 110 switch in bath lights up, there isn't any power on yellow wire to kick relay for 110 to get to element.
Where does that white wire get 12 volt from?
I have pulled out the combo switch panel with the tank gauges on it, everything there works like it should.
I didn't know until today that the Atwood heaters didn't have that little rocker outside, which explains why I couldn't find that! :)
What y'all think?

danemayer

Re: Atwood Electric Inop

If the propane side of the water heater works, you're getting 12V DC from the switch to the Orange wire at the control board (bottom pin on 4 pin connector).

If you're not getting 12V DC at the White wire at the control board (2nd pin), nothing on the electric side will operate, and there won't be power on the Yellow wire that fires the relay to supply 120V AC to the heating element.

The same 12V DC supply from the fuse panel likely feeds a double pole switch that sends power to the Orange and White wires.

I'd take voltage readings on the backside of the switch to see if 12V DC is getting through the switch when ON. Pick a known ground for the black lead of the meter.

If the propane side of the water heater works, you're getting 12V DC from the switch to the Orange wire at the control board (bottom pin on 4 pin connector).

If you're not getting 12V DC at the White wire at the control board (2nd pin), nothing on the electric side will operate, and there won't be power on the Yellow wire that fires the relay to supply 120V AC to the heating element.

The same 12V DC supply from the fuse panel likely feeds a double pole switch that sends power to the Orange and White wires.

I'd take voltage readings on the backside of the switch to see if 12V DC is getting through the switch when ON. Pick a known ground for the black lead of the meter.

That is what I am confused about. The orange gets power when I turn on the switch on the tank level console, and propane fires. Still nothing on the white wire. The regular electric water heater switch is just for the 100 wires.

I am to the point of switching the orange and white wires!

Stupid is as stupid does!
I read had lots about the 2nd AC unit not working when only on 30 amp service.
Well guess what???
DOH

Now on to AC!