Dish on the go deposit

oldelmer1

You all that use dish on the go, did you have to pay a deposit of 1 month fee?

I turned ours on Jan 2, and turned it off April 30(4 months), I had made a payment for the month of May(#5 payment) and called them on April 30th to turn off service and they refunded the last payment.

Today, I get a bill for double the monthly payment of $76 dollars. I called and she told me that they charge a deposit of 1 month. So she says i still owe this 1 month deposit cause the money was refunded.

I was never told that I have to pay 1 month ahead, and they hold onto that until i quit dish(I guess).

THANKS....

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesL73

They charge a month in advance. If you start mid-month you’re charged for remainder of that month plus the next month. So it’s not really a deposit so much as it is paying for what is essentially a pre-paid service. Imb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldelmer1

So do they keep the 1 month in advance when you turn the service off, waiting for you to turn it back on?

JamesL73

If you didn’t purchase the equipment like I did then yes, probably. Anything to make a buck these days.

kowAlski631

So do they keep the 1 month in advance when you turn the service off, waiting for you to turn it back on?

If you suspend the service, yes. They deduct a service charge monthly to keep your account in force. If we're just taking a couple of months break, it's worth it.

Oldelevatorman

Is that different than Pay As You Go?
Every time we shut ours off, we were never charged a service charge in the couple of years before we full timed. Kind of negates the concept of either named service, doesn't it?

kowAlski631

Is that different than Pay As You Go?
Every time we shut ours off, we were never charged a service charge in the couple of years before we full timed. Kind of negates the concept of either named service, doesn't it?

Call them and ask. That's the information we were given by Dish.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We have Dish pay as you go. If I don’t want service this month I don’t pay the bill. When I’m ready to activate again, I connect to Dish via the app, pay the bill, and watch TV.

oldelmer1

We have Dish pay as you go. If I don’t want service this month I don’t pay the bill. When I’m ready to activate again, I connect to Dish via the app, pay the bill, and watch TV.

But did you pay a month in advance, and they hold onto this month in advance.

That's what they are telling me thay do, and I've never heard of that.

JamesL73

But did you pay a month in advance, and they hold onto this month in advance.

That's what they are telling me thay do, and I've never heard of that.

If you cancelled before the first of the month then I don’t see why there would be an issue. The refund should have been the correct thing for them to do. One of their “idiots” in accounting probably saw that and is now treating it as they would with a contract account, which is not the case. I would demand to talk to a supervisor and explain that there was no contract and therefore that bill needs to be voided. However, this call needs to be during the week so you can talk to someone in the states rather than someone in Bangladesh or wherever the after hours call center is.

mytruc

We just added our Dish to our house account which I believe was 5.00 or your can possible take a box out of the house and use that. When we spend the winter in Fla., we transfer our home service to Fla. so we can have local channels. We never worry about additional charges. When we come home for Thanksgiving, We call dish and transfer locals home. We only stay for a week and then travel back to Fla. We have never in 7 years had a problem switching back and forth.

Oldelevatorman

Every time we'd shut the service off we'd get a bill for the next month. We'd call and remind them we're on pay as you go and we wouldn't get another bill. No service charge or ongoing fees. They shouldn't charge you if you're not using it, that's the purpose of the plan!

oldelmer1

So I called DISH today and talked to someone here in the USA, after checking with his supervisor, he said do not worry about your bill. He said my account was not setup for DISH OUTDOORS.

It is now.

Oldelevatorman

If you have a technical problem and have to call Dish, ask for advance tech support. They deal exclusively with RV's. If they can't fix it, they can connect you with Dish Outdoors, which is actually Wineguard!