UDC Access Port Mod

RoadJunkie

Got busy last week to re think the possibilities regarding modifying the access port for freshwater hose, cable TV, etc. I wanted a modification that was afixed and didn’t require storing additional parts, but would ideally use the existing screw-on cap. So...I bought a 1/2” thick foam garden knee pad and used the access port circular frame to cut a matching circle from the pad. Then I used the screw holes on the frame to find the center of the circular pad. I used a hole saw to open a hole to match a 1” PVC slip joint and secured it to the pad with caulking. Finally, I drilled 6 holes for size 8 screws to mount the pad between the access frame and the UDC base. Now, the unique aspect of the mod is that I mounted the access frame upside down and “sandwiched” the foam pad between the access frame and the UDC. Now, I can use the same screw-on cap or a PVC plug to close up the hole for travel.

237C3259-6980-42C3-9823-668F8BF687A4.jpg84289792-7AE1-4B3C-819A-EF812D8D13A7.jpg

richheck

Seasoned Member
Got busy last week to re think the possibilities regarding modifying the access port for freshwater hose, cable TV, etc. I wanted a modification that was afixed and didn’t require storing additional parts, but would ideally use the existing screw-on cap. So...I bought a 1/2” thick foam garden knee pad and used the access port circular frame to cut a matching circle from the pad. Then I used the screw holes on the frame to find the center of the circular pad. I used a hole saw to open a hole to match a 1” PVC slip joint and secured it to the pad with caulking. Finally, I drilled 6 holes for size 8 screws to mount the pad between the access frame and the UDC base. Now, the unique aspect of the mod is that I mounted the access frame upside down and “sandwiched” the foam pad between the access frame and the UDC. Now, I can use the same screw-on cap or a PVC plug to close up the hole for travel.

View attachment 57871View attachment 57872

Great work, thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro