ATF: Big Country - Awning support

TimSteele

Does the 2017 4011ERD have any type of support behind the siding that the awning railing is screwed in to? I am trying to determine so I can attempt to fix where our rail pulled loose on one end. The BC was new when we purchased it, and it was delivered on 12/31/17. I guess the question is "what type of screws do I use, and what is the best method to deal with the hole that the screw was pulled from.

Back story, the awning was out, low breeze (less than 5MPH), and tilted on one end to let water drain as it was raining. When walking back inside the RV, I noticed a screw pulled out on the end of the rail attaching the awning to the RV (just above door) with daylight showing through the gap. About 12 inches pulled away. Retracted awning until I can get a ladder tall enough to reach it, and determine the best method of repair.

Thanks,
Tim

jimtoo

Hi TimSteele,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed. I'm not sure you will get an answer from the factory, but if not some of our other members will jump in soon with good info for you.

Be sure and join our Heartland Owners Club. Then join us at a rally when you can meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.
Jim M