Where exactly is the fresh water tank on 3700RLB

Hello- New to the site and new to Heartland. We purchased the Sundance 3700RLB. This thing is a beast from our previous 5th wheel. We will be camping at a park without water hook up so thought to fill the potable water tank and just haul it with us. Issue here is that the truck is already sagging a bit with just the weight of the optional frig and storage items. I'm curious to know if the water tank is under the bathroom or closer to the axle. I am in the process of getting airbags for the f250 gas 4.30 ratio but I don't want to max out on GVWR. Will be taking it about 3.5 hours away in hilly terrain.

Thanks

danemayer

Generally the fresh tank is near the axles so it doesn't add a lot of pin weight as you fill it.

You could call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you more specifically.

As for gross weight, multiply the tank capacity by 8 to get the approximate weight being added to the trailer when you fill the tank.

Generally the fresh tank is near the axles so it doesn't add a lot of pin weight as you fill it.

You could call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you more specifically.

As for gross weight, multiply the tank capacity by 8 to get the approximate weight being added to the trailer when you fill the tank.

Thank you!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You can look under your RV and locate the drain valve. The tank will typically be right above that.
The drain valve line is usually tee'd off the line that feeds the water pump, so that drain could be anywhere between the tank and the pump.
My fresh water tank is located just behind the rear axle and the drain line is in front of the front axle. So the drain is 4-5 feet from the tank.
It's best to look for the tank location.

Peace
Dave