15 month report 2017 3160 Bighorn

DickO

For the moderator, I do not consider this bashing Heartland. I am just stating the facts of our 5th wheel.
Have had our 2017 3160 Bighorn for 15 months and approximately 11,000 miles. We had a 2010 3155 Bighorn and the quality was GREAT and Heartland customer service was outstanding. Ordered our 3160 at the Las Vegas National Rally. We are extremely disappointed in our new Bighorn. A lot of the problems are components. During our PDI the only thing we found were numerous nicks, scratches and no stain on areas on 4 doors. First trip the power cord reel died, On our second trip we found out the frig stopped working on gas. Found the fix for the frig on this site. Things that have happened: 3 bolts holding the hitch were only finger tight one backed off almost a 1/4 inch-- saw dust everywhere-one return vent 2/3 blocked--still getting saw dust with each trip--two main slides tore the flooring--one dinette chair was broken from the supplier-- the wall came loose in 3 different places--3 water leaks from fittings not being tightened--screws holding bottom of TV fell out--the awning for the dinette slide windows had to be replaced--screw heads coming up under the carpet in the bedroom--outside sprayer hose was bound up so would not pull out. Heartland would not cover all cost even though the unit was taken to a dealer Heartland asked us to go to. I had $ 286 out of pocket when the unit was only 3 months old. Our biggest problem was when we got home from picking it up I started waxing the shower. I found several stress cracks. Heartland had me take it to 3 different repair facilities to have looked at. I even took it to the factory when on a trip. Everyone said the shower had to be replaced. Heartland would NOT pay to have it done. Finally a repair shop Heartland sent me to 125 miles away got Heartland to pay to fix by grinding the cracks out and filling. Then they painted the shower. I now have a shower that is dull, rough, and has 6 paint runs. Heartland will not take care of this.

danemayer

.... I started waxing the shower. I found several stress cracks. Heartland had me take it to 3 different repair facilities to have looked at. I even took it to the factory when on a trip. Everyone said the shower had to be replaced. Heartland would NOT pay to have it done. Finally a repair shop Heartland sent me to 125 miles away got Heartland to pay to fix by grinding the cracks out and filling. Then they painted the shower. I now have a shower that is dull, rough, and has 6 paint runs. Heartland will not take care of this.

Are you saying that someone at the Heartland factory examined the shower and told you it needed to be replaced, but someone else at Heartland disagreed?

Care to share who at Heartland told you the shower needed to be replaced and who disagreed.

DickO

Heartland sent me to 3 different repair shops. Each were the greatest thing since sliced bread. All 3 said the shower needed to be replaced. When I took the unit to Heartland; the rep ( I do not want to tell his name ) was non committal but that was when I was sent to shop #3. That is when the same Heartland rep would not approve the cost of removal. Had a shop in Tucson tell me they had done this repair several times in one to two days by taking the bedroom slide out, removing the wall, shower out, new shower in and put back together.

Last edited:

sengli

There is no way I would go to that length to have the shower surround replaced. I was wondering if it was even possible to even get it out. So they would remove the bathroom wall and bedroom slide!

Its one of the first things they build into a coach before the walls are attached.