ATF: Big Country - 2nd Awning

Hello
I have been told by my dealer that a 2nd awning on my 2018 BC 3950FB can not be put on because it will have no support at the top of the slide. Is this true, or is it just to hard to do. I see many of them on the Bighorn, but not on the Big Country.
Thanks
GD

danemayer

Hi Ole-Geezer,

You might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Also, I'd suggest taking a close look at the ones you see to understand how they're mounted. Compare to your trailer. Look for possible problems with fit or interference.

esscobra

the order options sheet will have it listed if it is available as a option - much cheaper to get from factory - 1 year warranty and switch will be mounted

funlabs

Hello
I have been told by my dealer that a 2nd awning on my 2018 BC 3950FB can not be put on because it will have no support at the top of the slide. Is this true, or is it just to hard to do. I see many of them on the Bighorn, but not on the Big Country.
Thanks
GD

We have a second one on our Big Country. It's a bit shorter than the one over the door so they both extend the same distance. Our BC has the slide-in-slide. They told us that the bed slide couldn't have a topper, but it came with one. Call Heartland. It can be done.

NYSUPstater

I want to say that not all options are listed on option page and if a customer has something in mind to add/change, either have salesperson ask factory or call yourself. When we ordered our BC last year, items we had questions on, dealer asked factory and either yes/no. In our case, everything was a yes. Like last poster, we too have the slide in slide and it came w/ it's own topper which I was surprised, but glad. So we have toppers on all the slides as well as the 2nd awning on table/chair/theatre seat slide.

sengli

I know some of the landmarks, also have that slide in a slide configuration. And I have seen several new landmarks with slide toppers from the factory for sure. So I know it can be done.