How to fix an L1-oP code on a norcold 12101M refrigerator

Steven_27

Hi,
I was hoping to see if anyone would know how to fix an error code L1-oP on a norcold side by side refrigerator?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Hi,
I was hoping to see if anyone would know how to fix an error code L1-oP on a norcold side by side refrigerator?

Go to tractor supply and buy a heavy “cattle magnet”. (They are used to collect metal objects in cattle’s stomach)
3be729a03b07bc80fd3d0f1666158fb9.jpg

Remove the lower outside grill, the red light on the sensor should be lit.
347f02aa9bfaef03d72a6cd5e6c7acf3.jpg
(Obviously mine isn’t) Lay the magnet along side that edge of the sensor, you’ll hear a click, the light should go out and the propane burner should fire.
Had to do this once in a high humidity local after a frog strangling downpour. Obviously affected by moisture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCTalley

I used a parts retriever magnet. It was just strong enough to reset it if you moved it around just so. Ours kicked off after a thunderstorm with sideways rain.

GaDiesel

Go to tractor supply and buy a heavy “cattle magnet”. (They are used to collect metal objects in cattle’s stomach)

(Obviously mine isn’t) Lay the magnet along side that edge of the sensor, you’ll hear a click, the light should go out and the propane burner should fire.
Had to do this once in a high humidity local after a frog strangling downpour. Obviously affected by moisture

Excellent pictures and instructions. This fix worked perfectly and all I had available was a small refrigerator magnet. Thank you.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Excellent pictures and instructions. This fix worked perfectly and all I had available was a small refrigerator magnet. Thank you.

Your welcome
I tried a small magnet I had without success. My farm background sent me looking for the cattle magnet

My RV fridge is beeping with the same code L1-OP no matter what mode. I always run it mostly now on AC because its always hooked up to electric. I don't think the red light was "on" at the sensor. Should I still try the magnet? Thank you! Desperate!!
-- I tried the magnet, heard the clicking but it did not shut the light off.

Last edited: