Any owners of the Heartland Sundance XLT 189MB here? Looking for some info please.

North64

Hey folks,

We are looking to purchase a small couples camper in the coming months and after attending a number of RV shows, talking to owners and visiting dealers, we have narrowed our choices down to 3 trailers that check off most of the boxes.

One is the Heartland Sundance XLT 189MB. Very spacious, has a number of features we like including the murphy bed but the problem is, there is little to no current information that I can find on this model.

So does anyone own this one? If so what are your impressions? Is the floor plywood or luan? Walk on roof? I know all makes can have issues but in general, how is Heartland quality and their track record with warranty service? Is the Sundance line considered lower tier in the Heartland line up?

Any intel would be appreciated :) Thanks

danemayer

Hi North64,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Heartland is pretty good on warranty. If you get approval ahead of time, you can likely use an independent or mobile servicer for any warranty work. Not all manufacturers will do that.

Hopefully someone with this particular model will see this thread and give you some feedback on floor and roof construction. If not, you can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Sundance XLT sales.

Heartland has a very broad product line, from very small to luxury 44' 5th wheels. On Extra Light travel trailers, the designers have to make some compromises to achieve the very low weight that they offer. So given that you're looking at a 22' extra light travel trailer, it's positioning within the product line reflects those design choices.

bankofdad

North64-
I'd be happy to provide more info for you. There are lots of great features. 574-266-8726 or 877-262-8032, please ask for Jeff in Sales.

North64

Hi North64,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Heartland is pretty good on warranty. If you get approval ahead of time, you can likely use an independent or mobile servicer for any warranty work. Not all manufacturers will do that.

Hopefully someone with this particular model will see this thread and give you some feedback on floor and roof construction. If not, you can call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Sundance XLT sales.

Heartland has a very broad product line, from very small to luxury 44' 5th wheels. On Extra Light travel trailers, the designers have to make some compromises to achieve the very low weight that they offer. So given that you're looking at a 22' extra light travel trailer, it's positioning within the product line reflects those design choices.

Thanks for the welcome Dane and information :)

We own a 2017 Sundance 189MB please fell free to ask any questions.
We love our Sundance 189MB:eek::eek::eek:

We are picking up our 2018 Sundance 189MB tomorrow!! We looked at lots of different models before choosing this one. Its just my husband and I and 2 dogs and feel it is the perfect size for us. Our previous TT was a 30 ft Thor Summit and we were limited to where we could camp due to the size since we prefer to camp in off the beaten path spots. I was wondering about kitchen storage and if you felt it was adequate for your needs?? So happy to have found this forum!

jimtoo

We are picking up our 2018 Sundance 189MB tomorrow!! We looked at lots of different models before choosing this one. Its just my husband and I and 2 dogs and feel it is the perfect size for us. Our previous TT was a 30 ft Thor Summit and we were limited to where we could camp due to the size since we prefer to camp in off the beaten path spots. I was wondering about kitchen storage and if you felt it was adequate for your needs?? So happy to have found this forum!

Welcome to the Heartland Family and Forum colosundance. Please join our owners club and join us at a rally where you will meet lots of great folks.

I'm sure you will get replies from our other members soon.

Jim M

Loren1227

Congratulations on choosing the Sundance 189MB.
Kitchen storage is at a premium. But since it is just the two of you I am sure you will make do.
Don't forget you have some extra storage under the dinette seats and a very large storage closet in the bathroom. We store most of our larger items in that closet. There is room under the sink and in the vanity.
Feel free to ask any questions.

North64

Congratulations on choosing the Sundance 189MB.
Kitchen storage is at a premium. But since it is just the two of you I am sure you will make do.
Don't forget you have some extra storage under the dinette seats and a very large storage closet in the bathroom. We store most of our larger items in that closet. There is room under the sink and in the vanity.
Feel free to ask any questions.

How do you find the kitchen prep space? Looks like you would have to use the sink/stove covers. It would be great to have a flip up counter extension but I see that would interfere with the control panel. Also, I forgot to ask you before, with the slide closed can you access the fridge/bath? Thanks :)

Loren1227

Yes we added space with both the sink cover and cooktop cover. This is essential to getting more space.

Yes the access the kitchen and the bathroom with the slide closed. The only cabinets that are closed off with the slide closed is the entertainment cabinet and the cabinet below the TV which we use for our canned goods and snacks. Like a pantry door.

The storage closet in the bathroom area is very deep and will hold your large items like coffee pots and paper towels and your bath towels.

We try to utilize every nook and cranny.

North64

Yes we added space with both the sink cover and cooktop cover. This is essential to getting more space.

Yes the access the kitchen and the bathroom with the slide closed. The only cabinets that are closed off with the slide closed is the entertainment cabinet and the cabinet below the TV which we use for our canned goods and snacks. Like a pantry door.

The storage closet in the bathroom area is very deep and will hold your large items like coffee pots and paper towels and your bath towels.

We try to utilize every nook and cranny.

Thanks again. Very helpful :)

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats on your purchase :) Would love to hear your impressions once you had a chance to take it for a spin :)

Loren1227

Just at first glance and looking at the pictures from your link it does appear that both the shower and the murphy bed have changed. Other than that everything looks the same.

Don't have time until the weekend to check the tank specs but I will get back to you.

Loren1227

North64

I did a little research and the tanks are of the same capacity from the 2017 and 2018.

44 Fresh Water Tank
38 Grey Water Tank
38 Black Water Tank

Thanks again Loren! I recently spoke with Jeff at Heartland and he answered all my questions and then some. Very helpful. He believes the tank sizes are 48 - 30 - 30 for the 189 so perhaps a misprint with their ad. He also confirmed that the pics of the model here: https://www.midwayrv.com/rv/grand+rapids+mi/heartland+traveltrailer/2699/heartland+sundance+189mb
represents the latest version of the 189MB which would include the square shower and hinged mattress w/ overhead storage. Apparently this design also allows for more pass-through storage.

Loren1227

I can see the extra space in the pass through storage and the overhead storage as well. Two very nice changes that make a lot of sense.
We are taking the trailer out next Friday for a week. We are going to Crescent City California. It is about 7 miles from the Oregon Border along the Coast. We are staying at the Redwoods RV Park and this will be our 2nd trip there very nice place to Vacation in the trailer.
Enjoy your new trailer and let me know if I can help anymore.

Thanks again Loren! I recently spoke with Jeff at Heartland and he answered all my questions and then some. Very helpful. He believes the tank sizes are 48 - 30 - 30 for the 189 so perhaps a misprint with their ad. He also confirmed that the pics of the model here: https://www.midwayrv.com/rv/grand+rapids+mi/heartland+traveltrailer/2699/heartland+sundance+189mb
represents the latest version of the 189MB which would include the square shower and hinged mattress w/ overhead storage. Apparently this design also allows for more pass-through storage.