Wilderness 2850 BH new owner

Well, it's official. I am now a Heartland owner. Bought the Wilderness 2850 BH today. I can pick it up on Monday, and then the maiden voyage begins on June 11th. So excited to get out of my tent trailer I have owned brand new since 2005. I can't wait to have my first TT that I don't have to pack and unpack each trip. I will let you all know how the trip goes with my F150.

Just got back from a 7 day 6 night trip. The trailer pulled really well with 52 gallons of water and the gear I needed. The one canyon I pulled up was a 6% grade, and the F150 held around 25-30 MPH and no more than 4200 RPM on the steepest part. No hurries getting out camping, just took my time and pulled nicely. Pulling back down the canyon was pretty stable and just had to watch the speed, and trailer braking adjustment, but did well. Love the wide axle and WDH (Fastaway 10,000 lb) and was impressed with the dirt road travel about 9 miles of it down, and back. All dry camping, and had half a water tank left. Going back out next week for 8 days with the family, and looking forward to having all the room in my rig. Figured the load going down was around 7500 lbs and about 8000 lbs next trip. Same canyon and a little more gear, but I wasn't as nervous or anxious once I had it on the road. (1st trip jitters pulling 32 ft compared to a tent trailer) Looking forward to the trailer camera when I buy it, and possibly installing a solar panel. (150 Watt) Anyone that has any concerns pulling 8000+ with a half ton, it worked well for me, and no sag on the rear end. All I lost was one handle for a grey water tank, but I will use some lock tite on them for the next trip. I did make one mod on my trailer, since it had the back fold down cargo rack on the back. I sanded off the bumper paint, and painted the bumper and the cargo holder with rattle can bed liner. I figured this will ensure a nice coat to prevent rust from developing on most trailer bumpers with factory paint. I swear, they only lightly coat those bumpers and racks.

ljossi

Just got back from a 7 day 6 night trip. The trailer pulled really well with 52 gallons of water and the gear I needed. The one canyon I pulled up was a 6% grade, and the F150 held around 25-30 MPH and no more than 4200 RPM on the steepest part. No hurries getting out camping, just took my time and pulled nicely. Pulling back down the canyon was pretty stable and just had to watch the speed, and trailer braking adjustment, but did well. Love the wide axle and WDH (Fastaway 10,000 lb) and was impressed with the dirt road travel about 9 miles of it down, and back. All dry camping, and had half a water tank left. Going back out next week for 8 days with the family, and looking forward to having all the room in my rig. Figured the load going down was around 7500 lbs and about 8000 lbs next trip. Same canyon and a little more gear, but I wasn't as nervous or anxious once I had it on the road. (1st trip jitters pulling 32 ft compared to a tent trailer) Looking forward to the trailer camera when I buy it, and possibly installing a solar panel. (150 Watt) Anyone that has any concerns pulling 8000+ with a half ton, it worked well for me, and no sag on the rear end. All I lost was one handle for a grey water tank, but I will use some lock tite on them for the next trip. I did make one mod on my trailer, since it had the back fold down cargo rack on the back. I sanded off the bumper paint, and painted the bumper and the cargo holder with rattle can bed liner. I figured this will ensure a nice coat to prevent rust from developing on most trailer bumpers with factory paint. I swear, they only lightly coat those bumpers and racks.

I also have the 2850 BH. Mine is around 7200lb Dry (Due to being made at the Idaho plant). But I pull mine with a 2013 Tundra equipped with airbags and WD hitch. My TT Weight loaded is right around 7900 and i have little issue in the way of power on hills in the NW. I am however looking to move to a 2500 because I am at my Truck's max limits and also getting aporx 180 miles to a tank is getting old!