Fresh New Mod.

Bogie

I had a few controls I wanted to add in the control cabinet of my new Sundance. Only problem is that Heartland constructed the control cabinet in such a way that in order to get to the wiring behind it, you have to remove the bottom cabinet molding and then the bottom panel of the cabinet. I'm sure it was much cheaper to manufacture that way. My solution was to have a custom aluminum panel made. I then cut a large hole in the control cabinet and overlaid the new panel. The new panel looks great and access will be easy from now on.

I found a relatively inexpensive online company that manufactures the panel from your design. The software to create the panel is a free download. It helps if you know a little about CAD software. The company is called frontpanelexpress.com in case anyone is interested.

An interesting side note is that, when I opened up the hole to get access to the wiring, I found a hidden inline fuse on the circuit for the operates the LED strip under the awning. Had I not created the larger opening, I never would have known that fuse existed if I had a problem. (Heartland should know better)

Here are before and after pictures.

IMG_3244.jpgIMG_3334.jpg

Go-Fly

Nice. I made panels for all my switches. I hate the loose fit hole and the lick&stick labels that they use.

avvidclif

I can see a project in my future. My panel has several different size switches. IE the 2 slides have different size switches as do some of the lighting. DUH. The layout isn't the best either. It wouldn't be hard to design an aluminum panel with correct switches that matched. Add a DC and an AC voltmeter along with Current meters for both. Eliminate the red idiot lights for battery level. And on and on.

AND LABEL EVERYTHING CORRECTLY

emery395

Is there an easy solution to moving or adding more lights to a switch? We hate that kitchen lights switch is in panel and is so far away from kitchen

Bogie

Is there an easy solution to moving or adding more lights to a switch?

I’m not familiar with the wiring in a Cyclone. You would have to investigate how the wires are routed to see if there is a way to do that. May be possible, but probably not easy.