2017 heartland big country 3965dss

Tlovett

We have had so many issues with the double slide. Have not gotten an answer nor a call back or email.back from heartland about sag in floor and now the slide is popping off on the outside. Repair place in colorado said I must drive to Indiana to have it repaired yet I cant get Heartland to return any form of communication confirming or denying why I'm asked to have it repaired at factory.

NYSUPstater

Being still fairly new to the club, but have the 3560 SS, cannot speak much about the sag in floor. However, are you referring to the exterior trim molding coming off with slides in? If so, that I can relate to and what was done to resolve it. HL basically told dealer to install a whole lot more screws (I think longer ones too) all around the trim. Personally, I thought this is the cheap way out, but so far so good.

danemayer

Hi Tlovett,

If you called Heartland Customer Service and didn't get a call back, something went wrong at their end. Perhaps the person who caught the call is on vacation. Call again. This time stay on the line until a person picks up.

Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

sengli

There was another thread on here about this...they said the slides need to be deployed all the way out, and in every time you move them. In other words you shouldnt just partially open a slide then close it. Something about the slide mechanism learning its travel limits.

NYSUPstater

There was another thread on here about this...they said the slides need to be deployed all the way out, and in every time you move them. In other words you shouldnt just partially open a slide then close it. Something about the slide mechanism learning its travel limits.

I think this is w/ slides that operate via the Schwintek set up. Kinda stinks you have to do this, but another way to look at it is, any slide probly should be fully deployed only to ensure that the rubber seals are going in right direction on slides. I could be very wrong on the last part of that.