How to empty Central Vac

dseavu

We just bought the Cyclone 3513 and our walk through included an explanation on the Central Vac system, and by that I mean he showed me the hookups and the hoses, but in all the mind boggling instructions and the zillion questions I forgot to ask about emptying the thing. How is this done? I've searched the web, checked the manuals, and got on my hands and knee's to look under the carriage. For the life of me I cannot find where I would empty a canister or change a bag. PLEASE HELP :)

Dawn

danemayer

Have you looked in the passthrough basement storage. The back of the cannister may be sticking out 1" from the wall. The end cover rotates counter-clockwise to expose the bag.

BLR

Haha.. just today we decided to remove hose and attachments from our Cyclone..
We have had our Cyclone for almost 2 years and haven't used the vacuum yet.

When we had our MH I used our central vacuum all the time.

Hubby said " I'm not crawling into pass throw to empty that PIA bag"..

We open back sliders and take cordless blower and that is my carpet sweeper..

Sent from BLR Logistics

rhodies1

The unit should be accessible through the basement wall.The end of the vac just turns off exposing the vacuum bag,pretty simple procedure.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My central vac was dealer installed. They put a small access door in the basement wall to remove the bag. Simple mod for anyone to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cowolter

I had the Imperium central systems around 15yrs ago, it was good.
Recently I got one of those Dyson sticks and I'd say the stick is a much better option. No plumbing, no hose. Just pick it up and go.
Yes it has a small battery and dust container. But I find I hoover little and often which keeps the house much cleaner anyway. Also emptying the dust container is revelation.

Last edited:
We just bought the Cyclone 3513 and our walk through included an explanation on the Central Vac system, and by that I mean he showed me the hookups and the hoses, but in all the mind boggling instructions and the zillion questions I forgot to ask about emptying the thing. How is this done? I've searched the web, checked the manuals, and got on my hands and knee's to look under the carriage. For the life of me I cannot find where I would empty a canister or change a bag. PLEASE HELP :)

Dawn

Dawn, We have the same problem. During the walk thru, we asked how to empty the unit and the technician didn't know. Interested if you have figured it out?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If the inlet is mounted on or near the steps to the bedroom, it’s probably under the steps, behind the basement wall. Our dealer installed ours under the steps and out an access door in the basement wall. That's the little white door on the left of the wall section. I added the larger access panels to the wall sections later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• Basement walls 2 (Large).JPG
    Basement walls 2 (Large).JPG
    61 KB · Views: 26
Last edited: