2019 Mallard M32 Generator

jadrjr

I am looking to purchase a new generator for my m32 the big question is do i need one with an inverter or with out, also i am thinking that a 3500 will do

danemayer

Hi jadrjr,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

An inverter generator provides clean power for electronics; this is what most people go with as your RV has quite a bit in the way of electronic control boards (refrigerator, water heater, furnace, thermostat, microwave, TV, radio, etc.). A 3500 watt, or a linked pair of 2000 watt generators will meet requirements for most people. Of course, it all depends on what you want to run.

danemayer

You'll likely end up with a generator that has a 30 amp receptacle and will need an adapter that connects your 50 amp shore power cord to the generator's receptacle.

You might find our owner-written Electrical user guide helpful. It has a little info on generators, but explains the bigger picture on your trailer's electrical systems.

tim4real

I curious. What type of generator did you get? I don’t know whether to get the Honda 3000 or the predator 3500 ?