slide out

A

albauer24

just bought a 24BHS
in the owners packet there was a flexible drive that seems to be for the slide out. i have no information on where to use it. does anyone know where it connects. i would like to know in the event that if my battery dies, i can run the slide back in. thanks i advance.

danemayer

Hi albauer24,

Congratulations on the new North Trail and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a pretty good chance another North Trail owner will be able to explain where the tool is placed for manual operation.

However, the tool is more for manual operation where there's an electrical or motor failure. If you run the battery down, you might find it easier to use jumper cables from truck to trailer battery to charge the trailer battery up a bit. Run the truck on high idle and make sure you don't place the cables with wrong polarity as that will instantly blow fuses on the Power Converter in the trailer.

Domi

If the motor does die, once you find the motor look for a small square silver spot to plug the adaptor into. You will most likly need an extension for a drill to do this since when the slide comes in access to the motor gets further away. The facia on the slide would be an issue for me if I ever had to do this.

I have never had to do this but nice to know what is needed if it ever happens.

John

CoveredWagon

thanks for the info

i know nothing of your model Rv, but on our Bighorn the slide motor has a SQUARE hole in the end of the motor shaft. Again I can’t remember, but it’s a.. Ok I just looked. It’s a #2 square bit. You’ll need to buy one to fit into the flex shaft. Home Depot etc. I spoke with the factory about this and was also told if need be you can remove the motor and turn the drive.