ATF: North Trail - power jack problem

Albertg

Started lifting the trailer off the truck and the jack stopped working. Checked the fuse coming from the batt. looked good. Connected direct to the batt no difference.
Pulled the switch cover, have 12 volts to #2 only.
Any advice on trouble shooting. I see there is a circuit breaker on the jack but it's sealed.
Thanks for your help.

Al

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The circuit breaker should be an auto reset breaker.
The switch should have 12 volts on one pin only unless you activate the button for extend or retract then another should show 12 volts.
You also need to get a ground from a good source such as the frame.
When you say 12 volts, if that's all you have then the battery is below its useful charge. For a hard working motor like that you will need around 12.6 volts.
Don't rely on a visual of the fuse, check it with a meter.

Peace
Dave

Albertg

The circuit breaker should be an auto reset breaker.
The switch should have 12 volts on one pin only unless you activate the button for extend or retract then another should show 12 volts.
You also need to get a ground from a good source such as the frame.
When you say 12 volts, if that's all you have then the battery is below its useful charge. For a hard working motor like that you will need around 12.6 volts.
Don't rely on a visual of the fuse, check it with a meter.

Peace
Dave

I'm plugged into shore power and batt is fully Charged. Since I’m getting power on the one pin and the light on the jack works, I would say the fuse is good.
Since it just stopped in mid jacking and fuse is good and switch does not work in either direction I'm leaning toward motor problem. One place I looked said the motor is not replaceable but I see a motor on line for the unit.
It may be easier to just swap out the jack.

Al

Last edited: