SURVEY CLOSED - 2019 - Goshen Rally - Children's Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toccoatravelers

Greetings Parents, Grandparents and Interested Others,

We are seeing more and more families with children attending HOC rallies and we are looking for a little feedback with regard to a children’s program at the 2019 North American Heartland Owners Rally.

The program would be called “Heartland Kids”. We anticipate having structured activities for children ages 5-12, and a special Junior Counselor program for teens ages 13-17. The activities would be held at scheduled times during the week of the rally. Children would be pre-registered for the programs and checked in and out by a parent or guardian and would be 1-2 hours in duration and may coincide with Rally Seminars.

Some examples of activities could include:
* Nature programs
* Crafts
* Evening Campfires
* Movie Nights
* Field Trips
* A Heartland Gives Back program for “Heartland Kids”

Please give us your feedback as we plan this program, or if you may want to help. We hope that having a program like this will encourage more families to participate in HOC Rallies.

Just a bit about me, my name is Patti Lester, kids call me “Miss Patti”. My husband Steve and I have been HOC members since 2013 and have attended many rallies, 2019 will be our 5th national rally. I just retired a bit over 18 months ago from the Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia after 26 years, and most importantly.... I love kids!

I look forward to hearing from you as we plan.

This program will now be managed by David and Shel Lippe - click here to learn more.

Last edited by a moderator:

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Re: 2019 - Goshen Rally - Children's Program

Yes, A program for kids, Sounds like a great addition to the rally.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

A meet and greet early in the week such as an ice cream sundae event or even as a pre-rally event would be good as then kids would know that other kids are present and maybe have a chance to play together.

My kids enjoy finding camp friends.

olcoon

As far as the nature program, I'd contact the conservation department (or whatever they call it in Indiana). I'm sure they would have some ideas that would help out. Possibly have someone come out & put on a program, or maybe there is a nature area somewhere near there. I know that here in Missouri the MDC has a bunch of programs and people that specialize in programs for kids.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

As far as the nature program, I'd contact the conservation department (or whatever they call it in Indiana). I'm sure they would have some ideas that would help out. Possibly have someone come out & put on a program, or maybe there is a nature area somewhere near there. I know that here in Missouri the MDC has a bunch of programs and people that specialize in programs for kids.

In 2017, Goshen parks and recreation department had a kids fishing derby at fiddler lake park, located on the other side of the railroad tracks from the Elkhart County Fairgrounds. While this is not an official rally event, Something like this could possibly a good event to add to the variety of kids rally event.
My kids participated in the derby and had a good time at the event. They even got a t-shirt and some other fishing gear from the event.

Toccoatravelers

A meet and greet early in the week such as an ice cream sundae event or even as a pre-rally event would be good as then kids would know that other kids are present and maybe have a chance to play together.

My kids enjoy finding camp friends.

Good idea, thanks. I remember your kiddos seeing them ride their bikes around the fairgrounds but I’m sorry I can’t remember your name.

- - - Updated - - -

In 2017, Goshen parks and recreation department had a kids fishing derby at fiddler lake park, located on the other side of the railroad tracks from the Elkhart County Fairgrounds. While this is not an official rally event, Something like this could possibly a good event to add to the variety of kids rally event.
My kids participated in the derby and had a good time at the event. They even got a t-shirt and some other fishing gear from the event.

Both great ideas as we move on in planning!

danemayer

Sounds like someone needs to volunteer to work on a Children's Program.

jbeletti

Sounds like someone needs to volunteer to work on a Children's Program.
Indeed. Patty will be asking the parents of children in the program (if this moves forward), to be involved. Patty has additional responsibilities at the rally as well.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

Indeed. Patty will be asking the parents of children in the program (if this moves forward), to be involved. Patty has additional responsibilities at the rally as well.

Any more updates on any childrens program for this rally?

Toccoatravelers

Great News! The survey regarding the potential Children’s Program is now live. Please check Post #1 for the link. Please note that the survey will expire on November 15. We look forward to your feedback.

jbeletti

An update on the survey with over 2 weeks to go:

47 responses received to date
41 of those responses were "no children"
Of the 6 that responded with children planned, there are 7 children, 1 each of these ages: 5, 8, 9, 10, 13, 15, 17

Looking good so far but would like to see this number significantly higher before we commit to a program. If you've heard of this survey and plan to bring children, we need to hear from you! :)

jbeletti

Hello friends,

Below is an update on the Goshen Rally Children's Program.

We received 53 responses to the Interest Survey - thank you to those who responded!

In total, respondents indicated 10 children may be in attendance. This is lower than the minimum Patti and I had set internally in order to develop a full-blown program.

Patti Lester (and Steve) has now taken on two roles as a core-team leaders for the rally as Rally Accountant and Lifestyle Presentations Coordinator. Thank you Patti!

And now for some real exciting news. There will be some children's activities planned within a less ambitious children's program! I'm pleased to announce that Iowa Chapter Leaders, David and Shel Lippe have agreed to take on the responsibility for developing and managing this program.

As we are now closing this Survey thread, please follow this new thread (link) to stay abreast of and give ideas for the Children's Program.

Status
Not open for further replies.