Anyone know what this is on a Cyclone 4200?

Sowie

7ddcc2c81cc62fa19d91cbeb8a3a970d.heic

I was running a wire to be able to activate the garage lights when I put the truck in reverse when I noticed about a 3/4” hole and escutcheon plate in the ceiling between the ramp door and the three season doors. I am the original owner so pretty sure this was done at the factory. Anyone else with a Cyclone 4200 have one and know what its purpose is? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LBR

Well I'll be...our 2017 CY has it also and I've never noticed it before....need to check it out for sure!
e224cc9cd7bdf7b1c170c8a15c54a9c0.jpg

Sowie

Ohhhh.....well that’s good to know. I remember getting a flexible alan wrench extension in the bag of paperwork and owners manuals. I wonder if that is what you use to put in there or do you know what fits in it? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sniper

Ohhhh.....well that’s good to know. I remember getting a flexible alan wrench extension in the bag of paperwork and owners manuals. I wonder if that is what you use to put in there or do you know what fits in it? Thanks.

I don't know if that's what it's for, I was just taking a shot it based on what I see in the picture. :)

LBR

Manual crank access location for the ramp awning? :confused:
Excellent assumption...our patio is closed for the next day due to rain, but when I open it back up, will probe up in there with the flexible extension.

LBR

My DW just informed....we have 2 friends that own identical Momentum 398 THs..one has an electric rear awning, but the other only has a manual one...will see if he can enlighten me with what end his crank has on it and if that is the hole for manual cranking...make good sense to me at this point.

Last edited:

Sowie

I got the ladder and flashlight out and looked up in there. Couldn’t see anything but when I put a finger in there I could feel a wire. I think it is solid red. I’ve got a claw grabber that I can put in there and see if I can pull the wire out tomorrow. I think the mystery continues.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Thought someone could help me to know what this switch is forView attachment 58143
On our 4150 that switch will turn off power to both of the "pancake" work lights on the door side of the basement

- - - Updated - - -

The manual wind up access on our CY4150 is on the door side end of the awning. There's a plastic plug that pops out and a 3/8" drive ratchet is used to wind the awning in when needed.

emery395

Thank you. I verified that on the 4005 the basement switch does control the two compartment lights provided they have been turned on at the fixture

pjones1969

I got the ladder and flashlight out and looked up in there. Couldn’t see anything but when I put a finger in there I could feel a wire. I think it is solid red. I’ve got a claw grabber that I can put in there and see if I can pull the wire out tomorrow. I think the mystery continues.

ce9ec2410d5c3406f7ad92793ad5833d.jpg

Mine has wires hanging down, assuming these are for the rear powered awning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
That plastic escutcheon is the same type that used to be with electric front landing gear. Allowed mechanical access to the landing gear jacks in the event of a motor failure.
So maybe it is mechanical access for the awning ?

- - - Updated - - -

Cyclone_ext_03 copy.jpg

212Pilot

That hole and wires look like the ones for the electrically operated rear screen. If you have the 3 season door I assume they don't install the screen but the hole and wires are there since the door is an add on option.

Sowie

Maybe someone with the electric screen can take a picture of theirs so we can put this to rest.