2018 Heartland Cyclone HD 4005 Issues

Am I the only one having problems ?

We purchased a new 2018 Heartland Cyclone HD 4005 Last month. We have had numerous problems with it.

Starting with the AC. I came in one day and it was hot, it had switched to furnace and 90 degrees. I had it set to auto and 78 degrees when I left. Or it would be unusually cool and I checked the thermostat and it read 25 degrees and would not let me turn it up past 32 degrees. This has happened on all three units. We have taken off the face plates and have had no major problems after we learned how to reset them but we still have to reset them from time to time.

Next issue was the back grey and black tanks being labeled wrong in the rear area. It showed the black was full even though we had never used it. We finally realized it was the grey tank that was full when our washer wouldn't drain.

Friday I noticed a small, steady drip coming from under the belly below where our bathtub is. I looked in the porthole for plumbing in the shower area and saw nothing so I checked in the porthole in the storage area and saw a large amount of water pooled. I could reach in and tighten it by hand where I saw the leak but I have no clue how long it has leaked.

Our Hisense refrigerator stopped working Saturday, the freezer is fine but the top doesn't work at all.

The DVD player won't play but half a movie even after it was cleaned.

And today I noticed the condensation from the AC units wasn't draining where it normally does and realized we needed to re-level the unit. It's level from side to side but not front to back. It's supposed to auto level.

Any advice on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated. I called Heartland and we finally found a mobile RV repair to come out and deal with all of these issues. It's not even a month old yet and we have had this many problems.

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi DanD,

It's hard to tell from your list of problems and the closing paragraph saying that Mobile Service has worked on the trailer, whether you still need advice, or perhaps are just venting.

Maybe you could update with what problems haven't been resolved yet.

Perhaps people will take another read and comment.

carl.swoyer

Am I the only one having problems ?

We purchased a new 2018 Heartland Cyclone HD 4005 Last month. We have had numerous problems with it.

Starting with the AC. I came in one day and it was hot, it had switched to furnace and 90 degrees. I had it set to auto and 78 degrees when I left. Or it would be unusually cool and I checked the thermostat and it read 25 degrees and would not let me turn it up past 32 degrees. This has happened on all three units. We have taken off the face plates and have had no major problems after we learned how to reset them but we still have to reset them from time to time.

Next issue was the back grey and black tanks being labeled wrong in the rear area. It showed the black was full even though we had never used it. We finally realized it was the grey tank that was full when our washer wouldn't drain.

Friday I noticed a small, steady drip coming from under the belly below where our bathtub is. I looked in the porthole for plumbing in the shower area and saw nothing so I checked in the porthole in the storage area and saw a large amount of water pooled. I could reach in and tighten it by hand where I saw the leak but I have no clue how long it has leaked.

Our Hisense refrigerator stopped working Saturday, the freezer is fine but the top doesn't work at all.

The DVD player won't play but half a movie even after it was cleaned.

And today I noticed the condensation from the AC units wasn't draining where it normally does and realized we needed to re-level the unit. It's level from side to side but not front to back. It's supposed to auto level.

Any advice on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated. I called Heartland and we finally found a mobile RV repair to come out and deal with all of these issues. It's not even a month old yet and we have had this many problems.
Hi DanD,
Unfortunately yes I think that everyone has had their share of problems. I know I did when I purchased my 2012 Landmark Rushmore new.
That being said I assure you that Heartland will fix everything. As far as the Frig and DVD player Heartland installed them. The individual manufacturer made them and they are under warranty. I've had my rig 6.5 year's and love it. It will be taken care of.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

avvidclif

To the OP. Did you figure out the Auto Level "problem"? Someone didn't explain very well how that works. It does not continuously auto-level.

alsams

For the auto-level, our Cyclone 4270 would not find level when you auto-level. There is a procedure using the touch-screen in the basement that I followed to manually level the rig and then set the new level in the auto-level. So far it has found level every time now.

Al

For the auto-level, our Cyclone 4270 would not find level when you auto-level. There is a procedure using the touch-screen in the basement that I followed to manually level the rig and then set the new level in the auto-level. So far it has found level every time now.

Al

When the mobile tech came out he gave us some pointers. Doing it manually was one of them. So far we have been good. We check it weekly when we empty tanks to make sure everything is sitting the way it should.

- - - Updated - - -

To the OP. Did you figure out the Auto Level "problem"? Someone didn't explain very well how that works. It does not continuously auto-level.

Im sure they explained it but we learned so much during the walk through that we probably missed somethings. ;) I think we have it down now.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi DanD,

It's hard to tell from your list of problems and the closing paragraph saying that Mobile Service has worked on the trailer, whether you still need advice, or perhaps are just venting.

Maybe you could update with what problems haven't been resolved yet.

Perhaps people will take another read and comment.

Thanks, after the tech comes (hopefully this week) I will do an update. Currently nothing has been repaired.